Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Another DPD Raid nets 40+ arrests

LeDuff ends the piece by stating that we've had only 1 homicide citywide in the last 10 days.

Should that be news? Of course not. But, in my book, it sure as hell is.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...it-police-raid

Isn't that the notorious complex people have been complaining about, as a blight close to Lafayette Park?

Yup. Sure is.

On the other hand, think of how shitty your pimp and dealers' holidays will be. It's not ALL positive!!!

Definitely some positive variance regarding those murders. Or juking the stats.

Glad to see James Craig continuing to back up what he says. Also, good to see he held the business community responsible as well. I hope the criminals are starting to get the message now.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    LeDuff ends the piece by stating that we've had only 1 homicide citywide in the last 10 days.

Should that be news? Of course not. But, in my book, it sure as hell is.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...it-police-raid
    I'm really enjoying what appears to be a competent chief now let's hope that the courts support DPD and actually punish the criminals they are picking up.

The courts are pretty big into the whole, "promise us you'll be good and we'll let you go" line of thinking.

Wow ! Did you see that long line of folks coming out of that liquor store in cuffs?
    I wish they could do this more often!

This is awesome news. I really hope that they continue doing this and disrupting the criminal element that makes life terrible for those around them. Craig seems to be doing pretty well, I just hope he doesn't find one of his officers really attractive