Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: RIP Bootsey X

Default RIP Bootsey X

Detroit legend Bootsey X [[Bob Mulrooney) succumbed to his battle with brain cancer

Bootsey X is NOT BOOTSEY COLLINS

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Bootsey X is NOT BOOTSEY COLLINS
    My apologies.

And my condolences.

Sad. His shows were fun, I had a crush on a Sugar Babe Of Soul or two, but most important, he passed way to soon. RIP

Listening to Pusher Man of Love right now. Thoughts and prayers.

I wonder if there will be a tribute to him

I'm sure there will be. They had a benefit show for him awhile back.

Quite tragic

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I'm sure there will be. They had a benefit show for him awhile back.
    I seem to remember a few of those. when word got out about his conditions, many people helped

Here's a link to a story that originated in the Metro Times detailing Bootsey's career and current situation at that date.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d..._long_way.html

He worked at my friend Jeff's Desirable Discs stores for a time, and I recall seeing him at Tower in Birmingham, but that was ages ago. I'm sure we bumped into him at the MC5 unknown footage thing [[Jim Shaw benefit?). I remember seeing him at Bookie's when he was in Coldcock.

I remember Bob from the old, old days at Bookie's. He once volunteered to be the drummer in a band that some friends of mine formed when their original drummer went nuts and split. And also from time spent hanging out and buying and selling at the treasure trove that once was Sam's Jams. Despite everything, he was always one of the good guys on that scene back then. I'm very sorry to hear of his death, and to hear about the hard times he suffered towards the end.