This is my first post on the forum, and for my first post, I want to share my website with you. It's a photo blog that reviews businesses in Detroit [[restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, etc.) as well as bands and events, and we also have posts that show off the beauty of Detroit strictly through photographs.

The site is called Second Glance: Detroit. We named it that because the whole thing started when we were walking around Detroit and realized that there was a lot going on that we had never noticed before. We also noticed that whether it was day or night had a lot to do with it. Detroit is two different worlds from day to night. The blog documents all the new things we are discovering.

Right now, we have a photo contest going on, where readers submit their best photos of Detroit. Our 3 favorites will be posted on the site, with credit going to the owner, of course. Eventually, we hope to have prizes for the winners, like gift cards to restaurants or bars, or something like that. The rules and information on how to enter can be found on the site.

So check it out, send in your photos, or just follow us on our Facebook page to keep up to date with what we find in the city. There is a widget on the page that allows you to subscribe to our Facebook page right from the main site.

Hope you all enjoy it.