Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Z opening next month.. to feature Rooftop Basketball Court [[!?)

According to this press release the roof of the Z is going to feature a basketball court?? I don't think it's going to be open 24/7 but i'm assuming they'll host events there and what not.. that's kind of cool.

Very excited to see what retail and restaurants will fill their ground floors.. really hoping for retail more than restaurants as we've finally been seeing the national chains moving into downtown already in the past few months [[Bdubs, Bagger dave, starbucks, potbelly).

http://www.blocaldetroit.com/the-z-this-is-not-a-rendering-seriously/

Rooftop Basketball?? The footprint is not that big! I can see the balls going over the side and really causing an issue for those below.

Hopefully they have tall enough fences for that!

Not sure where it will fit. Angled floors to deal with.

Name:  zlot.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  56.3 KB

i think that top part in the middle is straight so it would work.. obviously they would have to put up nets along the sides of it so balls aren't flying everywhere... i don't see it as being a stretch of the imagination at all

Running out of bounds will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    Running out of bounds will be interesting.
    As will "a shot from the outside".

I can see it now everybody yelling over the edge ......... "Little help down there!" LOL

The school a block from my apartment has a basketball court on the roof. It's on a raised platform since roofs naturally slope and has a high enough fence so even the worst of air balls won't go over. I assume this would be designed similarly.