Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rustic Lumber/Lawrence Werner

Hello, does anyone have info on a Rustic Lumber in Detroit, turn of the century-1920s and 30s? My home was built and owned by an executive at this lumber firm named Lawrence Werner. I'd like to learn more about him and the house, the builder, etc.

I was in contact with Mr. Werner's family, the Cliffords, and they are supposed to have some documents and pictures but I've lost touch with them.

I might have the name of the firm wrong; it could be Restric or something phonetically similar...

Restrick Lumber 1000 W. Grand Blvd. Corner of Vinewood Avenue, 10000 French Rd., 511 Brewster, and 14400 Wyoming. The 1927 R. L. Polk city directory lists Lawrence Werner as the manager of the French Rd location.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-26-13 at 04:54 PM.

Excellent, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by motownsteamer View Post
    Excellent, thank you!
    YW, I would like to know if possible the address of your home. You can PM me I may have more info on the home itself.

Motownsteamer never mind I found the address. I am going to check on Monday if the Grosse Pointe Historical Society has the original blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Motownsteamer never mind I found the address. I am going to check on Monday if the Grosse Pointe Historical Society has the original blueprints.
    p69rrh51, you are one of the real gems around here. As a relative nobody on this excellent forum I am continually amazed and astounded at your knowledge and expertise in local architecture, along with you insatiable desire to help people figure stuff out. A real heartfelt Bravo To You Sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by finster View Post
    p69rrh51, you are one of the real gems around here. As a relative nobody on this excellent forum I am continually amazed and astounded at your knowledge and expertise in local architecture, along with you insatiable desire to help people figure stuff out. A real heartfelt Bravo To You Sir!!
    Thank You Finster!

Quote Originally Posted by finster View Post
    +1
    agreed. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    +1
    agreed. Good job.
    Thank you gnome!

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. PMing you now. GPHS does not have blueprints, but I do!