Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Debate Obamacare OCA Over Thankgiving Dinner...?

Healthcare for the Holidays!
    http://www.barackobama.com/health-care-holidays/?source=ssn_TW_ACA_20131113_CU_health-care-holidays_hfh&utm_medium=ssn&utm_source=TW&utm_camp aign=ACA&utm_content=20131113_CU_health-care-holidays_hfh

How to argue about Obamacare over Thanksgiving

From article:

Let's face it: People argue during Thanksgiving, especially about politics.
    This year, people of all political persuasions can be thankful that they have as juicy a topic as Obamacare to discuss. Even President Obama thinks you should talk about it [?]:

http://www.news-herald.com/general-news/20131122/how-to-argue-about-obamacare-over-thanksgiving

Barack Obama @BarackObama Follow When your loved ones get together this holiday season, remember to talk to them about health insurance. http://OFA.BO/8oZJNu #GetTalking

---------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------

See link below for all kinds of outpourings of support and dissent, bipatisan-ly speaking--somewhat. Video clips are hilarious!! Hah!

Here's Every Argument You'll Need To Win Your Obamacare Debate This Thanksgiving

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/obamacare-facts_n_4303837.html

[[Appetizers er, um 'Facts') from article:

We've all got a crazy uncle we love. He might not even technically be an uncle -- it's not something the family likes to get into -- but he's there at Thanksgiving every year just the same, getting heavy handed with the 1.5-liter wine bottle, insisting on calling the dog "bitch," starting with off-color jokes that made people uncomfortable even before the country "evolved" and finishing with a tea party-inspired screed about the Kenyan in the White House. We'll call him Uncle Hank.

Everyone has or knows a Hank -- that is, except for Hank. Hank has a problem on turkey day: his hopelessly naive, Nation-reading, vegetarian niece who likes to quote from Howard Zinn and tell him about the genocidal roots of the holiday they've gathered to celebrate. She wants to spread the wealth around, but has no interest in hard work, no respect for the people who make this country run. She has never signed the front of a paycheck. Let's call her Emily.

Hank: Obama lied. You can't keep your plan if you like it.

Talking point: The president broke his promise and now millions have lost their insurance plans. Cite a friend or somebody you know who got a cancellation notice. If you don't know anybody, pretend you do or use Edie Sundby.
    Killer stat: More than 4.2 million of those people have received notices that their plans have been canceled or they will need to pay substantially higher premiums. That's not change you can believe in. And it's a lie. And be ready with an unimpeachable source for this number: The Associated Press.
    Bottom line: The rollout shows that government should stay out of the free market. I've always told you too much regulation hurts people, now I have proof.

Emily's Rebuttal: This is just another example of corporate greed.

Hank: Millions of Americans are seeing their premiums increase.

Talking point: Everybody's prices are going up so we can cover the 47 percent who don't have any work ethic. And you, Emily, are going to subsidize me, as young people are forced to pay more to keep costs down for us. Sucker.......

Indeed alot to get choked up about
    [[as given by Pacino's Thanksgivings guest scene in 'Scent of a Woman').
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-24-13 at 09:13 AM.

I had to go to two Thanksgiving Dinners this year. One at 1.00p and one at 6.00p. and I just realized Obamacare was never mentioned; [[his supporters never even brought up the "Affordable" Care Act) In fact his name never came up and I never set eyes on or heard from him or his wife in the media the whole day. What a wonderful day. Can't get enough of it. PS I think it never came up because the participants were folks whose money is being redistributed to pay for it.
    Last edited by coracle; November-29-13 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I had to go to two Thanksgiving Dinners this year. One at 1.00p and one at 6.00p. and I just realized Obamacare was never mentioned; [[his supporters never even brought up the "Affordable" Care Act) In fact his name never came up and I never set eyes on or heard from him or his wife in the media the whole day. What a wonderful day. Can't get enough of it. PS I think it never came up because the participants were folks whose money is being redistributed to pay for it.
    What's changed with your finances and insurance, specifically?

We do not argue over Thanksgiving dinner, we use the time to appreciate the bounty of our table and the wonder of our family resources. It can't be good for you to eat all that food over bones of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I had to go to two Thanksgiving Dinners this year. One at 1.00p and one at 6.00p. and I just realized Obamacare was never mentioned....
    Wait. You were present yet nobody mentioned Obamacare?

If so, I admire your restraint even moreso than your "just realized" lack of prejudice.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-03-13 at 09:46 PM.

It wasn't mentioned because it's not a big deal. It's only important to ideologues.

Be careful when signing up for Heath Care. There are many bogus sites coming on line who's only purpose is to steal your private information. The only way you can be sure you're on the real ObamaCare site is it's the one that doesn't work.