Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Sit On It Detroit

These guys are amazing, doing great work. Promoting literacy and providing seating at bus stops.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...DEO/131029951/

http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story...Detroit-Rising

Check them out on dateline

Excellent.

I saw one of these benches on Wednesday at Woodward near Canfield.
    Bravo!! Bravo!!!!!!!

I love this story on so many levels.

People may as well get literate at the bus stop. There'll be plenty of time to read.

Both videos were really cool and cool that's it's some international exposure to good that's coming out of Detroit. But that woman from Soup really got to me.

"I love going to the doctors office and the guy taking your blood is talking to you about baseball on a really human level. And I was like if I would have driven 8 miles north this conversation and this warmth never would have happened."

Yes, literally, the conversation wouldn't have happened, but it may not have happened at another doctor's office in the city. The fact that she pointed out "8 miles north" aka the suburbs, really makes me loose respect in her for her us vs. them mentality. As if I couldn't have deep, human conversation about baseball in the suburbs with someone. Because, you know, the suburbs and all the people that live here are soulless, human-less, and cold. Give me a break...that's the problem I have with some of the people, mostly white people, who have moved down there as of late. Some have this self-righteous, LOOK AT ME I'M HELPING DETROIT BY MOVING DOWN HERE, and your [[formerly theirs as well) suburbs SUCK! End rant.

Anyways, yes I wish these guys the best!

I saw one of these benches near the Fischer Building and was heartened. Then the streetlights in front of the Fischer Building didn't turn on and I was like, WTF?

What building?