Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Campus Martius Tree Lighting - Fri Nov. 22

Bump for this evening.

Definitely recommend for those that haven't been. One of my favorite days in Detroit since I moved here a little over a year ago.

I will be there ! This is a great and safe major event in downtown for the entire family !
    on a side note , I was checking out other cities for their tree lightings .
    I came across Indianapolis's
    When I first came across it I was impressed , then I took a better look .

Their solider and sailers mounment is WAY to big .
    it takes up the entire circle and leaves little room for anything else .
    its so big it would look big in NYC a city 6 times the size !

It completely over powers Indys downtown , just an observation .
    Last edited by Detroitdave; November-22-13 at 08:16 AM.

The soldiers and sailors monument in Indy is actually pretty cool. You can go to the top of it and see over the whole city. I really enjoyed visiting it two years ago during the Big Ten Championship. I will be back again in two weeks [[hopefully). I didn't find it overpowering, as the structure around it are fairly tall. I think there is a great mix in downtown Indy. People do not give it enough credit as a city.

I will definitely be there tonight I went last year and had a great time, hoping to make good use of the beer tent again this year!

Speaking of beer tent....

Thornetta Davis is playing in the beer tent this evening at 9:30. And The Grillmaster [[my hubby Dave) will be drumming for her, along with Brett Lucas and Chuck Bartels.

Sure to be an SRO crowd!!! Enjoy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    The soldiers and sailors monument in Indy is actually pretty cool. You can go to the top of it and see over the whole city. I really enjoyed visiting it two years ago during the Big Ten Championship. I will be back again in two weeks [[hopefully). I didn't find it overpowering, as the structure around it are fairly tall. I think there is a great mix in downtown Indy. People do not give it enough credit as a city.

rbdetsport, I'm from Detroit and I live in Indy now and have for several years. I would say people have rightfully overlooked Indy. It really just isn't a very interesting city.