Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default The KnockOut Game is in Town

One of my girlfriend's workmates was subjected to this a week ago, walking to the parking lot where he leaves his car all day...maybe at Washington and Fort. Group of younger teens, two boys and three girls, called out to him then cold-cocked him and knocked him down.

Luckily, someone saw them and the DPD had amazing response and caught the kids. Got his eyeglasses back. He was astounded that they didn't take anything else from him. It was quite the mystery until I heard about this shit.

Don't know if he's pressing charges, but knowing this is a trend, he should.

NO cheers on this.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/k...z/-/index.html
    Last edited by Gannon; November-19-13 at 09:54 PM.

The first time I heard of the knockout game, the sheer lunacy of it reminded me of this:

There were a group of punks on 6 mile rd a couple of yrs ago callibg themselves thr Knockout Kings. They were going up and down the street attacking elderly men. They had also went by the name Stamp out Kings

And then when these punks get shot, their mama will be on tv saying that her boy was a good kid and he didn't have a weapon on him and he was going to be a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    We always called it SlugBug.

Sucked, because I DROVE Beetles for years...the real ones, not the water-cooled imposters.

This is such a terrible thing. Obviously it is awful for the victims, 7 of whom have died nationally. But it's awful that people will now [[justifiably?) fear and stay away from groups of black kids, the vast majority of whom would never do this. And, I agree with Cliffy, some of these punks will get themselves killed. I wonder if kids egging each other on could be tried on racketeering charges. Since some of these kids so far have used social networking to talk about the assaults [[and post the video insanely enough), there could be federal charges for anyone involved in planning. All of this is to say nothing of how racially explosive this could be in our cities.

I just heard about this today on 97.1 the Ticket. I will be extra alert when I see a group of teenagers coming in my direction. This is some sick shit. If caught, the whole group should be charged with some type of crime.

I've been jumped a couple of times near my last residence near Moran X McDougal. WWW, Walking While White. First time about eight kids got me going down Warren near Chene. Id been in the area for a few years and Im a big guy so I didnt pay much attention to the group. They knocked me down and started kicking me, lucky for me they were wearing tennis shoes. A dude was speeding by in his truck, saw what was happening and slammed on his brakes which scared off the kids. They didnt do much damage other than my broken bottle of beer I dropped.
    These kids mostly do it for fun, I doubt they even know about the knockout game as they are probably not smart enough to plug in a computer let alone read the news to see whats going on in the world on the internets.
    I think this is all sensonalized, me talking about it is doing no good.
    If you see a group of kids you take the busiest cross street in another direction, thats basic Detroit survival skills which I had to learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I've been jumped a couple of times near my last residence nea
    r Moran X McDougal. WWW, Walking While White. First time about eight kids got me going down Warren near Chene. Id been in the area for a few years and Im a big guy so I didnt pay much attention to the group. They knocked me down and started kicking me, lucky for me they were wearing tennis shoes. A dude was speeding by in his truck, saw what was happening and slammed on his brakes which scared off the kids. They didnt do much damage other than my broken bottle of beer I dropped.
    These kids mostly do it for fun, I doubt they even know about the knockout game as they are probably not smart enough to plug in a computer let alone read the news to see whats going on in the world on the internets.
    I think this is all sensonalized, me talking about it is doing no good.
    If you see a group of kids you take the busiest cross street in another direction, thats basic Detroit survival skills which I had to learn the hard way.
    I am sorry that you were a victim to it. Some wag ha d said that this is a result of kids not having a job and are bored. I disagree. There had been incidents where the kids that had done this were college students. There should be a nationwide alert on this type of crime. An example has to be made to the participants. If it were blacks being the victim by the hands of whites Al Sharpton and everyone else would be marching coast to coast

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    And then when these punks get shot, their mama will be on tv saying that her boy was a good kid and he didn't have a weapon on him and he was going to be a doctor.
    I don't think that they think about this. I'm sorry, but if someone is getting kicked or punched like that and pulls a gun and shoots, they are in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    If it were blacks being the victim by the hands of whites Al Sharpton and everyone else would be marching coast to coast
    I would like to see a little more leadership from the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jackson's of the world to make a bold statement that this type of activity is only making it more difficult to eliminate social injustice.

Thank goodness for a swift response from DPD.

This behavivor is as unacceptable as it is unexplainable. Better and more engaged parenting is needed.

However, the biggest answer to this is exactly what happened, a swift police response and arrests. Throw them in jail, don't give them a slap on the wrist. Violent crime deserves great punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I would like to see a little more leadership from the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jackson's of the world to make a bold statement that this type of activity is only making it more difficult to eliminate social injustice.
    Right on! This is exactly what is needed. How about guys like 50 Cent, Jay Z and Kanye picking up the call for common sense, keeping yourself safe and ready to move on up in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    That's a disturbing sentiment. This behavior is reprehensible but it shouldn't have anything to do with eliminating social injustice. You see, "justice" requires that you treat each individual the way they deserve to be treated.

Also, I'm about as tired of the "Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson" card being played as others are of the "race card" being played. These little animals are targeting black and white - anyone they think is vulnerable. And yes, I think young people who obviously cannot empathize with other human beings are deviant animals.

But, everyone who thinks there should be a protest or march about something is free to start their own protest or march. We have absolutely no right to try to dictate what causes other people should take up. Each is entitled to fight for whatever compels him/her to fight. PETA comes to mind

Would these punks actually be listening to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson?

And people wonder why people go to their front doors @ 2 a.m. with loaded shotguns. Once Jackson and Sharpton see the videos that these are black on white crimes, I'm sure there will be rallys and protest marches. I'd also like to commend Loco 4 for the sing-song way they presented this report, and thank the person who degraded the severity of this by naming it a "game". You know, like a drinking "game".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; November-20-13 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And people wonder why people go to their front doors @ 2 a.m. with loaded shotguns. Once Jackson and Sharpton see the videos that these are black on white crimes, I'm sure there will be rallys and protest marches. I'd also like to commend Loco 4 for the sing-song way they presented this report, and thank the person who degraded the severity of this by naming it a "game". You know, like a drinking "game".
    Well, from the report of the incident I know about, it seemed the kids had fun with it. Fucked up fun...but that seems the trend of this modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Well, from the report of the incident I know about, it seemed the kids had fun with it. Fucked up fun...but that seems the trend of this modern world.
    Well, As long as they're having "fun"......

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    That's a disturbing sentiment. This behavior is reprehensible but it shouldn't have anything to do with eliminating social injustice. You see, "justice" requires that you treat each individual the way they deserve to be treated.
    I disagree. I am not African American, and I do not think anyone "speaks for" a community, but I think it is sad that you have a [[metaphorical) house burning down and the leadership is only complaing about extraneous stuff.

You have tens of thousands of African American males being slaughtered by other African American males, and you will never hear a thing from leadership. You will hear constaint complaints about Macys stopping people for alleged shoplifting though, you will hear about the Trayvon Martin killing, you will hear about police profiling.

The differnce, to me, is that in the former, we have something that threatens the African American community down to its foundations. In the latter, we have very murky circumstances where a reasonable person could conclude that Macys is trying to prevent getting ripped off [[the same reason Hudsons closed downtown), and where the police are trying to prevent kids from killing each other.

Also, part of the reason that the latter episodes occur is because of the former. IMO, you solve the latter by solving the former. If young African American males were not involved in such a wildly disproportionate amount of criminal behavior, there would be less Macys incidents, less police profiling incidents, etc. As it stands, it makes perfect sense that Macys would be watching young African American males more than any other demographic cohort.
    Last edited by Bham1982; November-20-13 at 12:08 PM.

Oh, and the "knock-out" game is not a new one. I was a victim in Boston, MA about 10 years ago. Three sucker punches direct to the head. I was able to flag down cops, and three kids [[I think 18 and 19 yr old) were arrested.

I know I was lucky to escape more serious damage, but it still tramautized me. For about a year after the incident, I'm embarrased to admit that I would get frightened among groups of young black males. Even now, I think the incident changed me a bit, for life.
    Last edited by Bham1982; November-20-13 at 12:14 PM.

40 years ago my brother and I [[white) were accosted and beaten up by a group of young black males outside Calihan Hall on the U of D campus after a high school basketball game. Our team won, their team lost. My brother caught a knife in the thigh. I am still freaked out by groups of young black males.

I'd never heard of the 'knockout game' until early this morning. Read today's Thomas Sowell column [[here via jewishworldreview). Then this thread.

Is this real? When something appears from nowhere, I often see media conspiracy.

Is there any non-media confirmation that this is a real public safety or social issue? Pardon my media distrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Is there any non-media confirmation that this is a real public safety or social issue? Pardon my media distrust.
    I assume this has been going on for decades.

When I was "knocked out", 10 years ago, the Boston cops said it happens all the time, and is usually black teens trying to target white or Asian men. The goal was to bring the person down in one punch.

This was before Youtube and smartphones, BTW, so no documentation efforts.

It's basically blacks attacking whites. Where's the outrage?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast