Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Anybody know how ....... [Contact Kid Rock]

Anybody know how I can get a message to Kid Rock?

Slam some Jack, grow out your mullet, walk up to Romeo, wave a confederate flag, blast some crappy music...and hope he strolls by?

Rust Belt Studios might be a good start.

You can go to his house and bang on his front door.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Slam some Jack, grow out your mullet, walk up to Romeo, wave a confederate flag, blast some crappy music...and hope he strolls by?
    He actually is a very sweet personality.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    He doesn't live in Romeo. He grew up there but left.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    He doesn't live in Romeo. He grew up there but left.
    GASP!!!

Be careful! Kid's got that hard ass, Detroit image to uphold.

If word got out that he's really just some lucky, punk-ass kid from the 'Burbs it'll crush that important persona.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    You can go to his house and bang on his front door.
    I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    GASP!!!

Be careful! Kid's got that hard ass, Detroit image to uphold.

If word got out that he's really just some lucky, punk-ass kid from the 'Burbs it'll crush that important persona.
    I don't think it's any secret that he grew up in Romeo, went to Romeo HS, and then moved to Mt. Clemens.
    Also, it's no big secret that his father owned or ran Crest Lincoln/Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I don't think it's any secret that he grew up in Romeo, went to Romeo HS, and then moved to Mt. Clemens.
    Also, it's no big secret that his father owned or ran Crest Lincoln/Mercury.
    I know; just busting some balls, here.

Not a real big fan of that sucker "MC", so ..... yeah.

I always get a snicker outta those who are "Born Free" waving that traitor flag, smoking funny things, while they sign a tune about Michigan that's based on a song about Alabama.

I wasn't looking to start a negative thread and believe me I'm no stranger to Forums I own my own Trike forum that has world-wide membership. I was serious about trying to reach him in regard to my new motorcycle Trike project here in Detroit.

This city needs all the jobs and positive world-wide attention it can get and we [[as in Detroit) have never been globally known as a motorcycle town. But we could be if I can get this new one off the ground with Roush.

I was born and raised in Brightmoor into a family of [[20) Ford workers. I love this city and region. I've been self employed for 30 years in another business here so I know how good it was and how tough it's been. If you think "hey this guy’s just trying to get rich" you'd be wrong that doesn't make ya' happy helping others be happy makes you happy.

Kid Rock is a motorcyclist and loves Detroit and I thought he might be interested in hearing about my idea.

BTW I've got long hair no more mullet jokes...... LOL :-)
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; November-16-13 at 08:13 AM.

You could message him on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/kidrock [[verified page its his)

He used to be managed locally by Punch Andrews, you might get a message to him that way. His current management is in Nashville I believe. Could also try Made In Detroit. Local entertainment attorney Howard Hertz might work too. Your project sounds really cool, good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions. I know in this day and age it's hard to believe something like I'm attempting to do isn't just a self-centred enterprise. But this could put a few folks back to work and bring some very nice excitement to the world of motorcyclists. Motorcycle Trike kits for Harleys and Hondas "Made in Detroit" !!! Trikes are very popular with the older bikers for safety reasons and with those who have phsyical issues like bad knees, hips, etc.

I only met him once personally, my niece was engaged to his road manager. She had a big yard party and he came. He volunteered to do the grilling. My mom stood behind him the whole time bitching he was doing it wrong. He stayed calm and collected. One of my sisters had a huge crush on him, my husband asked to go sit with his dinner next to her and he did. I have a great shot of my Mom sitting on his custom motorcyle. He didn't mind at all.

I owe Detroit a lot and I have an opportunity to give back.
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; November-17-13 at 05:55 PM.

Does anybody know how to contact Vincent Furnier? Years ago he promised to build an Alice Cooperstown in Detroit and it hasn't happened. Step up, Alice!

I was JUST in a fellow's place in Sterling Heights who might be the greatest collector of Alice Cooper memorabilia ever. I'm sure he'd be up for helping any Cooperstown happen.

Good luck on your quest MCTrikes.

Thanks ...... when it comes to pass remember you heard about it here first. We may even start a Trike racing circuit. How cool would a Detroit Trike Grand Prix be?

Supermarket message board? Floodlight like Batman?

Have you checked the above-ground pool in the back yard of the Warren Mayor's Mansion?

Maybe check some big recording company office. You'll find him under the desk of some big recording executive, sucking corporate cock and gagging on millions of dollars.

Are you speaking from experience? Or are you still unemployed?
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; November-18-13 at 05:51 PM.

My favorite ever review of Kid Rock went like this:

One of the greatest d’bags in the history of pop music, to be sure. Here’s a rich white kid who stepped into inner-city Detroit, copped its music wholesale from its rappers — without proper credit — made DJ shtick [[oh, the irony!) of it, and then later paraded around, hair-tossing and burping up song-after-gratuitous-song of self-congratulatory horseshit. I mean, it’s perfectly fine to like yourself — God bless you if you actually do — but to be completely in love with yourself? Now that’s fucking scary. It’s as if everything in Kid Rock’s life and songs has been designed specifically to show others just how sweet Kid Rock is. ... The rich kid from rural Michigan got all trailer on us and then we saw him on stage in front of a Confederate flag, like he’s all down with Skynyrd now. After Rock ditched the lame rock-rap and slipped into white trashin’, we knew it was an easy route to big bank deposits. I saw this and went, "Oh. My. God. Why isn’t everyone pointing to this guy and screeching, ‘We’re being conned and manipulated and this guy blows!'"

Well no matter what you like or don't like I'm here to do something positive for Detroit and I would like his help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast