Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Bus Company: The Hotline

Hm... Notice the Airport included here.

http://signup.ridehotline.com/

Add Livonia, Mount Clemens, Wyandotte, Novi and Auburn Hills as destinations and then it'll get closer to a true regional service.

Default $12 AIRPORT SHUTTLES coming to Detroit Metro Airport

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Add Livonia, Mount Clemens, Wyandotte, Novi and Auburn Hills as destinations and then it'll get closer to a true regional service.
    Let me try to bump up interest on this. $12 SHUTTLES FROM DTW TO DOWNTOWN AND SELECT SUBURBS.

This is a wonderful idea. I'll certainly take advantage of this, if I go to the airport during the time specified.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Let me try to bump up interest on this. $12 SHUTTLES FROM DTW TO DOWNTOWN AND SELECT SUBURBS.
    Where does it say a $12 fee? According to the news articles on the The Shuttle Company of America's new shuttle, they, along with others pay a $10 departure fee. A $12 fee doesn't leave much room for making a profit.

Round trip to DTW for $22 from Detroit [[downtown and midtown), Ferndale, RO, and Troy! Here's the official announcement via their FB page:

Here's our big announcement: We're launching an airport express and commuter service between Downtown Detroit, Midtown, Ferndale, Royal Oak and Troy with rides to the airport for just $12 each, $22 round trip. We're calling it The Hotline. People will also be able to commute between the city and the suburbs for a monthly fee. The pilot starts November 27th. Details are at www.ridehotline.com

https://www.facebook.com/detroitbus/...94887430528962

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Where does it say a $12 fee? According to the news articles on the The Shuttle Company of America's new shuttle, they, along with others pay a $10 departure fee. A $12 fee doesn't leave much room for making a profit.
    I spoke with Andy, and I don't want to share the inside of his business model. But I've vetted how he's doing it, and I think think that the $10 departure fee will not be an obstacle to the project's success.

Now the critical issue is whether or not there is enough demand at that price point, and whether he can deliver service levels that are necessary for airport transit.

But I think this is will be a huge, huge win for him, Downtown Detroit, and Metro Detroit.