Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another Heidelberg house burnt [[House of Soul)

Sad to see another one go. House of Soul [[the one with all the records on it) this time.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/heidelberg-projects-house-of-soul-burns-to-ground-in-detroit/

Maybe we can replace it with a House of Blues??

Looks like some arsonist paid by some unknown man wants that project destroyed. Humm who could that be?

I hear some party store owner wants to put a McDonald's on the site.

Detroit News article has a picture after the fire. Nothing left.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...|img|FRONTPAGE
    Last edited by downtownguy; November-12-13 at 12:00 PM.

Default Fifth fire in six months??

Aside from the loss what caught my eye more than anything was the 'fifth fire in six months'. Whats up with that? And isn't Tyree an ex-fireman? Looks like he is wearing his old firefighters coat here.

Heidelberg Project's 'House of Soul' destroyed by fire

Heidelberg Project founder and artistic director Tyree Guyton goes through the rubble of one of the houses as part of his art project on Elba in Detroit that burned on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013. The fire to the 'House of Soul' was the fifth fire in six months at the project. / Ryan Garza / Detroit Free Press

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Aside from the loss what caught my eye more than anything was the 'fifth fire in six months'. Whats up with that? And isn't Tyree an ex-fireman? Looks like he is wearing his old firefighters coat here.

Heidelberg Project's 'House of Soul' destroyed by fire

Heidelberg Project founder and artistic director Tyree Guyton goes through the rubble of one of the houses as part of his art project on Elba in Detroit that burned on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013. The fire to the 'House of Soul' was the fifth fire in six months at the project. / Ryan Garza / Detroit Free Press
    as a near neighbor and admirer it breaks my heart to see Heildelburg so vandalized. I admit that the art is not everyones cup of tea but please leave our neighborhoods expressions of art alone. If you gotta burn there is a big city out there.

I, "wonder, as I wander", we are fixing our age old garage from a long ago fire bug. We did not own the house then, but que sera.

We work hard to maintain our homes, that money would have bought a serious cool vacation or other fun things. We like and respect our homes. My home is insured but many are not. The damages are truly sickening.

What gives with these burn outs???? I frankly believe this is not city residents, we live here. We don't shit in our pot! Contrary to popular belief.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    If you gotta burn there is a big city out there.
    This is a totally wrong statement to make. Don't suggest that it's okay to burn other areas or neighborhoods as long as you leave "artistic areas" alone. Don't burn ANYTHING!! Isn't this city burned out enough?