Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 29-year-old, moving back to DTW, needs everything [[CAR, JOB, HOUSING) ! Leads DYES?

Hi all!

I'm thrilled to be moving back to the Detroit area after being away for about 8 years. I spent about 4 years in Chicago and 4 years in NYC. I move back on Nov. 23rd!

Truly, I love Detroit and I'm glad to be moving back home and to be part of the amazing energy and scene in Detroit. I did live in the past in Midtown, Corktown and Woodbridge - and most of my family lives in Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield.

Housing:

I think this time around I'd like to live in either downtown Ferndale [[or vicinity) or Midtown Detroit. My family is begging me to live in Ferndale since they watch the local news and someone is being murdered at a gas station in Detroit everyday. I'd be looking for either a room or a 1 or 2BR apartment. Buying a place MIGHT be an option also.

Job:

I'm college-educated [[my degree is in communications), sharp and well-trainable. My experience is in: News media, TV/Film production, Real Estate, Insurance and high-end espresso [[yes, I've had many varied careers). I'm looking to start a business in the spring - and I need a job until then. Ideally in one of the aforementioned fields, but I'm open to other opportunities and even temporary roles in service or retail.

Car:

Looking for an amazing used car in perfect condition for $10,000 or less that's good on gas w/ low miles.

I know this forum is an amazing resource - so if anyone has leads in any of these 3 categories.... you will be helping to bring back a Detroit expatriate successfully : )

Welcome home MetaDetroit.

Welcome home.

We recently bought a used car from Royal Auto sales on Main in Royal Oak for around 9K. We are very pleased with it and the service was super.

We lived in Ferndale when we were first married eons ago and liked it.

As a pom pom girl for Detroit there are many fine locations near downtown. Sadly insurance rates are insane.

Thank you Lowell.

Thank you Sumas, I'll check out that dealship? Would I potentially get better service if I used your name and specific salesperson?

If you're on Facebook check out D Hive living connections, or stop in to their storefront on Woodward next to the Hudson's cafe

Check out Quicken Loans-you can get a job, mortgage & car loan and then quit in 6 months, which is their avg. burn-out time!

Check out Arise detroit. They have a listing for a contract job for a prevent youth crime project labeled cease fire detroit. pay is 44k - 55k They have a detailed fact sheet on their mission and a complete description of the job duties. You have to scroll down a little ways because they list many events etc

Chech out D: hive they are an amazing resource for jobs and housing