Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Motorcycle Club On Joy Road in the 60s

Does anybody remember the name of the Motorcycle Club/Gang that had a clubhouse on Joy Road near Terry [[East of Greenfield)?

The Highwaymen?

I think you're referring to the Zulu's. They're still on Joy Road, they've been there for as long as I can remember, not sure of the cross street though.

softailride Thanks, you are right. I looked them up and they are on the corner of Whitcomb and Joy. I remember that they used to tolerate the neighborhood kids when we would hang out near the front door and try to get a look at what was going on inside. They had a fire or bombing and were closed down for quite a while in the late 60s. Does anyone else know anything about them?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The Highwaymen?
    Highwaymen main clubhouse is on Michigan Ave,

Quote Originally Posted by suitsoot View Post
    softailride Thanks, you are right. I looked them up and they are on the corner of Whitcomb and Joy. I remember that they used to tolerate the neighborhood kids when we would hang out near the front door and try to get a look at what was going on inside. They had a fire or bombing and were closed down for quite a while in the late 60s. Does anyone else know anything about them?
    Found this article from November 23, 1972:

Name:  Screenshot_20231022_151804_Chrome Beta.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  159.4 KB

Detroit Free Press, Friday, June 11, 1971:

Name:  Zulu_funeral_.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  248.7 KB

June 7, 1971:

Name:  Screenshot_20231022_152806_Chrome Beta.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  96.6 KB

January 19, 1973

Name:  Motorcycle_gangs.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  77.5 KB

January 22, 1973

Name:  Motorcycle_gangs [[1).jpg
Views: 376
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  Motorcycle_gangs_2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  161.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Detroit Free Press, Friday, June 11, 1971:

Name:  Zulu_funeral_.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  248.7 KB

I wonder should I put "burn my old Rav4" in my will before I croak.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I wonder should I put "burn my old Rav4" in my will before I croak.
    Yes, if you don't want anyone else to drive after you die. That's the reason why the bikes are burned,

It makes an awful lot of sense. I feel like pharaoh whenever the idea of death comes around. I want the wife to end her "life" trip at about the same time too, it’s only fair.

It makes an awful lot of sense. I feel like pharaoh whenever the idea of death comes around. I want the wife to end her "life" trip at about the same time too, it’s only fair.
    Good thing you do not have the nuke football strapped to your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good thing you do not have the nuke football strapped to your wrist.

It’s an eerie time to remind me of that. We are sitting on a powder keg just about now.

It’s an eerie time to remind me of that. We are sitting on a powder keg just about now.
    Lol,you guys got what you fought hard for and wished for,little late to put that genie back in the bottle.

I cannot believe you publicly admitted you had a RAV4,please tell me it was your wife’s car when you first met her.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol,you guys got what you fought hard for and wished for,little late to put that genie back in the bottle.

I cannot believe you publicly admitted you had a RAV4,please tell me it was your wife’s car when you first met her.

Love my wife more than my car, but I really love that car, so I must really love my wife a lot…