Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The crappy pricing law that we are stuck with.

I'm so sick and tired of the crappy price law that we are stuck with. This afternoon at K-Mart, I had to walk halfway across the store to find out what the damn price of a pair of jeans was.
    Turns out, you have to lift the whole stack of jeans up to find the price sticker on the bottom of the shelf.

They said it would increase jobs and cut costs for the consumer.
    I have only seen frustrated employees who have seen their hours
    cut, and consumers who have to find a live person to find out a price.

Thanks for nothing Gov. Snyder.

Personally I wouldn't care or notice if they went under . Too many times in the past I've shown up at opening time the day of advertised deals and they don't have the items . Repeal helmet laws and now this :
    From barbers to interior designers, Michigan looks at removing licensing requirements for 18 occupations

http://www.mlive.com/business/index...._dietitia.html

I've walked out of K-Mart at least 3 times because not only could I not find the price of items to do some comparison shopping, but I couldn't find anyone around to assist either. I think I'm done with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiann View Post
    I've walked out of K-Mart at least 3 times because not only could I not find the price of items to do some comparison shopping, but I couldn't find anyone around to assist either. I think I'm done with them!
    and where would you go? I've had the same problem with Target, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Meijer's and even some smaller stores where the visible staff outnumbered me three to one

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    and where would you go? I've had the same problem with Target, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Meijer's and even some smaller stores where the visible staff outnumbered me three to one
    I haven't had that problem at Meijer or Target. Kroger, K-Mart and Macys have been terrible in most respects for so long I haven't set foot in any of them in years.

stuck in line behind a lady buying some cheese that didnt have a price sticker and the register operator had to go search the store to find the price.

8 people in line behind me.

thanks snyder. way to go. but i'm sure the store saved a few bucks in price stickers and a part-time worker or two.

what stores should do is advertise the fact that they still price individual items and then we can shop there. forget these other stores.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    stuck in line behind a lady buying some cheese that didnt have a price sticker and the register operator had to go search the store to find the price.

8 people in line behind me.

thanks snyder. way to go. but i'm sure the store saved a few bucks in price stickers and a part-time worker or two.

what stores should do is advertise the fact that they still price individual items and then we can shop there. forget these other stores.
    All part of a "more business friendly atmosphere that will bring jobs" Without the bailout of the auto industry, Michigan would have lost jobs every year under Snyder. The last three years of Jenny's administration, we were 43rd or so in unemployment rate, not good but 6 places higher than we are under Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of the crappy price law that we are stuck with. This afternoon at K-Mart, I had to walk halfway across the store to find out what the damn price of a pair of jeans was.
    Turns out, you have to lift the whole stack of jeans up to find the price sticker on the bottom of the shelf.

They said it would increase jobs and cut costs for the consumer.
    I have only seen frustrated employees who have seen their hours
    cut, and consumers who have to find a live person to find out a price.

Thanks for nothing Gov. Snyder.
    I remember when he passed this as soon as he got into office. It was the first, very early example about how he wasn't serious about being different than the rest of the mixed nuts that make up the Michigan Republican Party. Create some weird de-regulation law and give it the absolutely laughable pretence of helping the consumer. As everyone has pointed out, grocery prices have certainly not gone down, and grocery stores have not gone on a hiring spree, and it is an absolute pain in the ass for the average person.

Of course, Snyder and his ilk are not average people, nor do they worry much about grocery prices or grocery jobs. The only thing we have in common with them is the common cold.

Be more worried about the Republican attempt to allocate electoral votes by congressional districts [[which they jerrymandered).

http://www.freep.com/article/2014011...y-popular-vote

It is already clear Snyder will sign this law that will award their eternally garbage candidates Michigan even when getting trounced by the popular vote.

Be more worried about the Republican attempt to allocate electoral votes by congressional districts [[which they jerrymandered).

http://www.freep.com/article/2014011...y-popular-vote

It is already clear Snyder will sign this law that will award their eternally garbage candidates Michigan even when getting trounced by the popular vote.
    I hadn't heard about that, thanks for posting it.

"The will of the voters" seems shallow considering our Attorney General and his interpetation of the Marijuana law for sick patients.
    The cry for small government from the Republicans is a farse.