Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Get Potbelly From Campus Martius Starting Tues, 11/12

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...t#.Un2TnvmsjvY I thought it would take longer! Downtown Detroit's 2nd Potbelly will open in Campus Martius next week- yes, with a seperate storefront from Starbucks. It will compete with Jimmy John's and Subway- two franchises with heavy presences in the downtown area. I SEE U CAMPUS MARTIUS! Becoming the next, "Times Square," sorta.

Fast food dumps = Times Square? WOW!!! Don't wet yourself.

I think Potbelly is the best sandwich chain. Blows the others out of the water in terms of sandwich quality. 2 other bonuses: they have VANILLA MALTS [[the best flavor known to man), and their staffs tend to be fun and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Fast food dumps = Times Square? WOW!!! Don't wet yourself.
    Meaning the Times Square of Detroit. Thanks for the revision.

Chipotle is next to come Downtown. Watch and see..

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I sure hope so!

When will the starbucks next door open?

That was quick ! they built out that place in weeks !
    Now like a mention in another thread What's up with the three restaurants in the Broderick ?
    http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...ck-tower-1.php

Not that it really matters - but it actually opens today [[Monday) at 11AM. Proceeds from today's lunch [[11-2) and the dinner rush [[5-7) benefit the Parade Company [[i.e. fundraiser).

Wow! Potbelly opens within 3 months after construction but Bagger Daves have to wait after a year of construction. What is wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Wow! Potbelly opens within 3 months after construction but Bagger Daves have to wait after a year of construction. What is wrong with this picture?
    Well for one, BD's is in an old, empty building and Potbelly is in a building that was built in 2005 and is occupied...

Detroit already has a Times Square. Oh well. Potbelly will fill the void left with the closing of Quiznos on Griswold.

Default Chipotle should located downtown ,, ask them to!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I only hope,, I think they are a great value and one downtown would be wonderful,, Hey,, If you feel you would like to see them locate downtown , write them,, I just did ,,follow this link,,,, and write them, maybe it will get their ear if enough of us do !

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/talk_t...velopment.aspx
    Last edited by DetBill; November-11-13 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
    Detroit already has a Times Square. Oh well. Potbelly will fill the void left with the closing of Quiznos on Griswold.
    Actually Griswold Deli opened up in the old Quiznos. It is excellent...good quality cuts and good portions and good prices..You can't say that about other places.

The line today was out the door and down the street. I went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    The line today was out the door and down the street. I went elsewhere.
    Which place had a line out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Newdetroit View Post
    Which place had a line out the door?
    Potbelly. They had a 'donate what you want, $5 suggested' promotion for lunch.

It looked like the donations were going to the Parade Company.

Thanks to Gilberttown's quick regional growth. Buildings with retail that stood vacant longer from Coleman Young and Kilpatrick Years is being filled up with hip cool restaurants and yuppie cafes.

When the Ernst and Young Building was completed in mid 2000s. The lower level retail was vacant for 10 years. National City Bank Office has been opened since mid 2000s and now here comes Starbucks and Potbelly.
    Last edited by Danny; November-12-13 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    I only hope,, I think they are a great value and one downtown would be wonderful,, Hey,, If you feel you would like to see them locate downtown , write them,, I just did ,,follow this link,,,, and write them, maybe it will get their ear if enough of us do !

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/talk_t...velopment.aspx
    I will definitely email them! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thanks to Gilberttown's quick regional growth. Buildings with retail that stood vacant longer then from Coleman Young and Kilpatrick Years is being filled up with hip cool restaurants and yuppie cafes.

When the Ernst and Young Building was completed in 1998. The lower level retail was vacant for 10 years. National City Bank Office has been opened since mid 2000s and now here comes Starbucks and Potbelly.
    Wrong Danny. The Ernst and Young building was completed in 2006 not 1998. Kennedy Square was still there in 1998

Potbelly's >> Jimmy John's >> Quizno's >> Subway