Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Rockie’s Barber Shop

Three people are dead and another six were injured during a shooting at a barber shop on Detroit’s east side tonight.

It happened in the 5200 block of East Seven Mile at Rockie’s Barber Shop around 6 p.m.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said all of the victims are male, but no ages or names have been released.

Police are looking for two cars, a black Chevrolet Impala and a white Chevrolet Impala, that may have bullet holes in the back, and have a stretch of the road closed off near the scene.

“I can’t even imagine what would cause this type of violence,” Craig said.

He said the business is known for gambling, but the motive in the shooting is unclear and it’s not known if it’s related to a gambling debt.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013110...Detroit-7-Mile

Someone got a bad haircut. Or is that took a haircut?

From what I hear, this was one of Kwame's hang out spots.

A hit perhaps?

Horrible incident. I found out about on a national talk show last night. Great that we continue to make the news in such a way!

I thought it was Al's that was shot-up?

This story made the local news here in San Diego, first time I can remember hearing news out of Detroit on the local news broadcast.
    http://www.10news.com/news/u-s-world...hooting-110613

I'd like to see the community get outraged by this. Pulpits should have fists slammed upon them, teenagers and pre-teens should be coming home from school and parents should be explaining what happened and how unacceptable it is.

This violence is senseless. No amount of street lights or donated police cars can stop this. A community must stand up and engrave into the brains of the generation that's currently being molded that this will stop.
    Last edited by Scottathew; November-07-13 at 08:48 AM.

Default Shootout at Detroit's East Side Barber Shop.

What a say day for Detroit's Black Community. Two gunmen went into a East Side Detroit Barber Shop and shot 10 people. Three are dead. Seven are wounded. This news is spreading like wildfire all over the world.

Here's the source.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...z/-/index.html

As more brothers killing brothers in the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I thought it was Al's that was shot-up?
    I've seen both used repeatedly.

I've also seen the numbers 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 in various reports.

Who knows for sure?

I wonder if most of these barber shops are a front for dope dealing

Both names appear in the Street View image.

Does anyone else think it a bit odd there are 2 barbershops, and not much else, next door to each other?

This placeneeds to be closed down. Anybarbershop/business that “openly” doubles as a gambling hut needs to be shutdown. I don’t care how “fondly” somepeople may regard the place.

How does this dude have his job, he looks like he's falling asleep ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...z/-/index.html

So it sounds like the guy they suspect of shooting up the "barber shop" is completely bat shit crazy...
    A task force that included the FBI was targeting Walker and set up surveillance along the 800 block of Lynhaven in Rochester Hills. At 9:45 p.m. Wednesday, investigators spotted two white cars leaving a home along Lynhaven and head toward the intersection of Rochester and Avon roads. The cars stopped at several gas stations and restaurants. According to a criminal complaint, the cars were occupied by female associates of Walker talking on their cellphones.
    Agents lost sight of one of the cars at around 12:20 a.m. Thursday. The second car returned to the home on Lynhaven. A task force officer was parked at a nearby Outback Steakhouse. At one point, a blue Chrysler minivan approached the officer’s car. The officer tried to drive away but the driver of the van tried to block the officer’s path and then aimed the van toward the driver’s side door of the officer’s car.
    The officer dodged a crash, headed north on Rochester Road and radioed other members of the task force for help as the driver of the van tried to ram his rear bumper. The officer sped up to 80 mph while being pursued by the van. The driver veered into the officer’s car up to eight times before task force members caught up to them.
    The officer “believed that if he would have allowed the driver of the van to pull beside him, the van would have rammed his vehicle to incapacitate him,” according to the criminal complaint.
    Agents and task force officers eventually were able to slow the van down near Rochester and South. The investigators eventually boxed in the van and ordered the man to stop and place his hands in the air.
    The driver continued to reposition the van to drive off and yelled out ‘I don’t f------ care if you are the police, no one chases my mamma.’ ”
    Walker was wearing a bulletproof vest when agents removed him from the van, according to the complaint. But the complaint does not say what prompted task force officers to focus efforts on him.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2k67KZFKR

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Does anyone else think it a bit odd there are 2 barbershops, and not much else, next door to each other?
    I find it really odd that there might be 4 or 5 barbershop / hair salons on every block in neighborhood business districts [[or what's left of them)

WOW. These scumbags lived about a mile from my house.

It's was Al's in Krainz Woods aka K-Town/NEST hood, & Rockies is not a barber shop its a salon.