Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

No, you are not going insane. I drove everyone else insane for years about the once existent "Banana Frosted Flakes" [[in the yellow box with Tony the tiger wearing a straw hat and singing calypso songs of how g-r-r-reat they are). none of my friends could remember, but thanks to the internet, some of us obsessive weirdos have banded together to remember it for the greater populace [[now if we can only get some folks to dig up some old pics on Tally Hall at Hunter Square and not the band).

Arcades in Detroit I can't recall, but Space Station and possibly the Wonderland Mall Food court [[when it coverted into an indoor Mall after 1982-it was still outdoor when my brother bought his copy of the Poltergeist soundtrack from the Harmony House there) I maaay remember.

Usually went to the Tel Twelve Mall food court arcade to get my fix but also frequented the ice cream shop at Evergreen Plaza called Sandy's Stockade where they had Pac Man, Donkey Kong and another machine that they swapped out that seemed to rotate between Centipede, Millipede, Galaga, and QBert.

Went to the Space Station quite a bit also. My parents rented the place for my brothers birthday once and we got an entire two hours of unlimited game play. We were all in heaven!

Ah the early 80's........

Is there big money in reselling vintage arcade machines?
    I'd also like to get hold of one of those contemporary arcade-scale machines that has dozens of games programmed inside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4