Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Big Game Today

Default Big Game Today

Go Spartans. That is all.

Rah, rah. Yawn.

State all the way.

And it won't be close.

PS. Cass Tech won the PSL championship last week. It looks like they changed their colors to a darker green like MSU. I don't really like it that much.

My wife went to State, and I find Michigan fans to be obnoxious, so GO STATE!

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    My wife went to State, and I find Michigan fans to be obnoxious, so GO STATE!
    I am State through and through. But I am not [[anymore) a UM hater. I thought UM fans were very supportive of MSU in the Final Four a few years ago. And UM hospital successfully treated some relatives with cancer. So I root for the Spartans against the Wolverines, but I no longer seek to inflict suffering on the Arborites.

It's a friggin' game, WHOGAF?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    For those that don't care, they shouldn't watch!
    For those that do care and find it to be entertaining, they do GAF and watch!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I am State through and through. But I am not [[anymore) a UM hater. I thought UM fans were very supportive of MSU in the Final Four a few years ago. And UM hospital successfully treated some relatives with cancer. So I root for the Spartans against the Wolverines, but I no longer seek to inflict suffering on the Arborites.
    Yeah, I'm not a hater. I'll always root for U of M when they're playing a non-Michigan team.

The following sentence only describes my contribution to this thread: I'm siding with Ann Arbor.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    For those that don't care, they shouldn't watch!
    For those that do care and find it to be entertaining, they do GAF and watch!
    Well, I'll tell ya. I'm losing my healthcare. I'm losing part of my pension, most likely. I'm not eligible for social security of medicare. Further, it seems like the majority of posters on DetroitYes are in favor of that. So WHOGAF about a lousy football game.

Ray1936, I'd be happy to discuss your points but not on this thread. I'm eating homemade chili, enjoyed the game, and am about to watch Star Wars. It's a good day.

Go right through at MSU,
    Watch the points keep growing.
    Spartan team are 'bout to win,
    by fighting with the vim. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!
    See their team is weakning,
    We're going to win this game.
    FIGHT, FIGHT, RAH TEAM, FIGHT.
    VICTORY FOR MSU.

GO GREEN, SO SPARTANS.

Wolverines couldn't stand a chance.

Well, I'll tell ya. I'm losing my healthcare. I'm losing part of my pension, most likely. I'm not eligible for social security of medicare. Further, it seems like the majority of posters on DetroitYes are in favor of that. So WHOGAF about a lousy football game.
    Well, I'll tell ya, I live in a city with not enough police officers, tens of thousands of abandoned properties, fire fighters lacking equipment, street lights not working, inadequate EMS response time. Myself and 700,000 others continue to lose basic city services. Further, it seems retirees don't GAF about that as long as they don't have to absorb any of the pain.

It's 44 degrees and drizzling, I already walked my dog, I got the day off, I watched and enjoyed the game very much. Couldn't care less who won. I went to Wayne, they learned me pretty good down there!