Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WSU Accomplished Law Student Missing - Found Dead

Mother of three daughters, WSU Biomedical, MBA graduate student pursuing a law degree: Tiani Brown was found dead in a vacant lot, with her truck on the east side near E. Grand Blvd [[Packard Plant). See article for details.......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...ent-in-detroit

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...itys-east-side
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-31-13 at 05:48 AM.

ghastly, horrible situation, even if she wasn't a mother and accomplished scholar.

All the blight makes it so much easier to dump bodies.

It will be interesting to hear the rest of the story.

I was very sad to read this yesterday. The article said she was last seen leaving the WSU law library the evening of her disappearance. As a former WSU law student, I can honestly say I never felt threatened or in danger when I would leave the school or the library late at night, which was often.

All I kept on thinking was how much she worked for her THREE degrees and working on a law degree and then being the mother of three children. A great woman gone too soon. Very sad. Good on Wayne State for offering her children full ride scholarships when they are older, hopefully they will follow in their mother's educational footsteps.

Channel 4 is reporting that her ex-husband and baby-father is a likely person of interest.

"Sources tell Local 4 that two young men said they had found her body in her SUV and claim to have taken her money and her cell phone and left."

Does this really bother anyone else, or am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Sources tell Local 4 that two young men said they had found her body in her SUV and claim to have taken her money and her cell phone and left."

Probably a quick crime of opportunity for the local downtrodden, but I do believe I read that one of the men called the police, most likely from her cell phone, if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    Channel 4 is reporting that her ex-husband and baby-father is a likely person of interest.
    Jane Bashara sequel?

Maybe it was an Iphone. Not even the dead are allowed to have one with the 'apple picker' thieves and other opportunists about. Truly loathsome....

Last edited by Zacha341; November-01-13 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Jane Bashara sequel?
    I have a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg. As is often the case... what better way to hide a crime than to give it a "Detroit twist" to it... make it sound as though it was another "violent crime in the city"... rather than a domestic dispute. I realize this is too early to make a judgemental call on this... but it's in the early stages of not starting to pass the smell test....

Quote Originally Posted by finster View Post
    Probably a quick crime of opportunity for the local downtrodden, but I do believe I read that one of the men called the police, most likely from her cell phone, if that makes any difference.
    If one of them did call the DPD, then, to me, it DOES make a difference. The fact that someone is lying dead with a bullet through their head, and all the locals do is pick the body clean doesn't sit well with me @ all.

I'm sorry to say that it's probably a lot more common than anyone would want to believe. A friend of my family died several years ago while driving in Detroit. He had some existing medical issues, and the police believe he may have pulled over or stopped. His car and wallet were stolen and he was left on the side of the road by whatever scumbags happened to be in the area. Detroit Police recovered his car a few days later, but as far as I know nothing was done about it.

If one of them did call the DPD, then, to me, it DOES make a difference. The fact that someone is lying dead with a bullet through their head, and all the locals do is pick the body clean doesn't sit well with me @ all.
    I have a feeling that they did what you described... took the items from the body [[loathsome indeed)... but later realized that with all the notoriety that this case is going to generate... that maybe they [[or one of them) decided to come clean, so as not to be implicated in the actual death.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that it's probably a lot more common than anyone would want to believe. A friend of my family died several years ago while driving in Detroit. He had some existing medical issues, and the police believe he may have pulled over or stopped. His car and wallet were stolen and he was left on the side of the road by whatever scumbags happened to be in the area. Detroit Police recovered his car a few days later, but as far as I know nothing was done about it.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, J5, that truly SUCKS.

Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when a couple of young men from Westland went looking to score some weed from their Detroit uncle only to end up shot to death and their car being wiped down with bleach by a couple of accessory after-the-fact criminal opportunists. Never heard of any resolution in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when a couple of young men from Westland went looking to score some weed from their Detroit uncle only to end up shot to death and their car being wiped down with bleach by a couple of accessory after-the-fact criminal opportunists. Never heard of any resolution in that case.
    Yes.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...-killing-spree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrj5gdiZYQ

Simply heartbreaking.

I smell a proposal from Lansing about brining back the death penalty!

I haven't posted in a while....but this case bothers me. Maybe because I have three kids. Maybe because of the WSU connection. Maybe because those two goons looted her. Maybe because there seems to be no leads right now. This case just seems random and that is scary to me.

Thanks for the quick reply. I missed this story. Glad to see it is being resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I missed this story. Glad to see it is being resolved.
    I don't think anything has been "resolved" yet...

Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
    I haven't posted in a while....but this case bothers me. Maybe because I have three kids. Maybe because of the WSU connection. Maybe because those two goons looted her. Maybe because there seems to be no leads right now. This case just seems random and that is scary to me.
    I certainly don't know the details of the investigation, but my conclusion is the opposite. Nothing about this seems random. She died of a gunshot wound to the head. Whoever killed her didn't take her cellphone. It wasn't a carjacking, because her car was left. There is no report of sexual assault.

Everything about this seems to say that someone specifically wanted her dead. Now who that is or why...I have no idea. But it's not a burglary, carjacking, or a sexual assault. No torture, no kidnapping, no ransom. I just can't see this being a random crime.

GHETTO ALERT!

Detroit Police will be charging to persons of interests for murder of Tiane Brown.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast