Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Who won the mayoral debate?

I wasn't available to watch the last mayoral debate, and was wondering what some of you thought about the questions that were asked and who you thought won the debate?

Duggan won it hands down. I hope the voters in Detroit see that Duggan will be a good leader and do his best to lead Detroit out of this mess.

Duggan, Duggan, Duggan!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Duggan, Duggan, Duggan!
    I agree Duggan is our man for the job

Benny seems uptight and nervous. Duggan is clearly the man for the job.

Benny is a mudslinger, while Duggan continued to be a gentleman. Mudslinging is a desperate attempt on Bennys part.

Link for those who might have missed the debate, as I have.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...benny-napoleon

Duggan ran away with it. This is coming from someone who's never heard either of these gentlemen speak before last night. Napoleon's heart is in the right place but he just flat out lacks the experience and ability that Duggan brings to the table. Benny seems like high character guy, but high character isn't enough. You also want the guy flying your plane or performing surgery on you to have the requisite experience and ability.

The debate feed wouldn't play for me in it's entirity on WXYZ's website. Thankful someone posted the final debate on YouTube.
    Very interesting discussion/debate. I pray Detroit gets the right person in office this time out. The city deserves far better leaders than it's been dealt over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Benny is a mudslinger, while Duggan continued to be a gentleman. Mudslinging is a desperate attempt on Bennys part.
    That's interesting. Just out of curiosity, what do you make then of the pro-Duggan commercials accusing Napoleon of being responsible for the failed jail project and the new one I just looked at less than 10 minutes ago saying Napoleon had 21 cops assigned to guard his parking space?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    That's interesting. Just out of curiosity, what do you make then of the pro-Duggan commercials accusing Napoleon of being responsible for the failed jail project and the new one I just looked at less than 10 minutes ago saying Napoleon had 21 cops assigned to guard his parking space?
    Pro-Duggan is the operative phrase there. Both of those non-candidate groups are embarrassing. Duggan's own ads have been mostly positive [[I say "mostly" even though I haven't seen a negative one just to cover my arse), Napoleon's have been that typical "he's not one of us" crap.