Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Duggan - 10 speeding tickets in 5 years. WOW

After getting 10 speeding tickets in 5 years, if elected, Duggan will definitely work on the disparity in auto insurance.

After moving to the city, if he changed his address, his rates must be about $2500 - $3000 a year.

Of course, if he moves to the city, the first thing he would do is cancel is insurance.

be funny to see if he sticks around at his Detroit address if he doesnt win the election....

Quote Originally Posted by trstar View Post

After moving to the city, if he changed his address, his rates must be about $2500 - $3000 a year.
    That's all?

10 tickets that is no big deal. Back in the day I had 24 points in one year, and over a 20 year period when I was younger averaged at least 3 tickets a year.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    10 tickets that is no big deal. Back in the day I had 24 points in one year, and over a 20 year period when I was younger averaged at least 3 tickets a year.
    That is a big deal.

I used to drive like a maniac and only got two per year, usually I'd beat one in court.

Ten in Five years puts him solidly in the pool for insurance, with the address change he becomes the poster boy for reform. I'm betting the moment he becomes mayor he will SELL all his vehicles and enjoy the city largesse. Isn't there still an Escalade ot two still sitting in some warehouse...or Carlita's old Navigator that ate her. I'm sure with those sweetheart deals the city is likely still on the hook for 'em.

And the city self-insures, so Dug-in would have it made.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    You sound like my dad. He is the first one to gripe about how speed limits kill people and how insurance is a scam.

When I was little my dad and I would listen to WLLZ and sing Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55" together as he would do 90mph down I-96
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; October-29-13 at 10:56 PM.

Arrrrrgh. My son in his early twenties accumulated a lot of tickets. In his late forties, he still has a heavy foot, but is more aware of his speeding and the consequences.

From reading the article these tickets were mostly for 5-10 over, I guess three quarters of the drivers on the road should be disqualified from elected office too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is a big deal.

I used to drive like a maniac and only got two per year, usually I'd beat one in court.
    10 in 5 yrs IS 2 per year...

Meh. He's still going to win the election. Those of you who don't support him are welcome to stick around. Just be quiet and don't touch anything while he works overtime to clean up the mess you created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    From reading the article these tickets were mostly for 5-10 over, I guess three quarters of the drivers on the road should be disqualified from elected office too.
    usually 5-10 over is the "deal" after getting popped doing 10+ over. very rarely are you going to actually get pulled over going 5 to ten over. Because, as you say, they'd be pulling over people non stop, all day long.

Napoleons folks must be getting desperate if speeding tickets is all they can get on duggan at this point.

After getting 10 speeding tickets in 5 years, if elected, Duggan will definitely work on the disparity in auto insurance.

Depends on how high his credit score is. If he's over a 750-800 FICO score, I highly doubt he's paying that much inspite of the tickets. This is a perfect example why your rates should be weighted more towards your driving record, instead of your credit score. Everything shouldn't be determined by numbers. Insurance is nothing but a scam that we have no control over.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-30-13 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I thought the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Are your sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Are your sure?
    It wouldn't be a big deal for some folks if he wasn't!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Are your sure?
    Oh, excuse me, perhaps I should have said an AVERAGE of 2 per year for those who didn't take advanced math.

Who cares? Why is this news?

It's news because so many identify with it. Like some posters here, who no longer own a car or have to carry their own insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    be funny to see if he sticks around at his Detroit address if he doesnt win the election....
    Do you think Bing will stay in the city? Bing moved here from a posh suburb and will bolt the second he's out of office.

Somewhat higher than that I would think. My Dad pays about that on a Ford Focus with one ticket and a minor accident on his record.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Do you think Bing will stay in the city? Bing moved here from a posh suburb and will bolt the second he's out of office.
    It doesn't matter if Bing would stay here or not. If I had a crystal ball and knew that Duggan would move out if he doesn't get elected, I wouldn't vote for him [[I don't have a vote anyway...). However, I still wouldn't vote for Napoleon. Napoleon is WORSE than "The Man" moving into the city limits just to be mayor. Napoleon has a historical record of being part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    s'basically where i was going with that

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    Who cares? Why is this news?
    If you lived in the city, you would know that the inequities of auto insurance is one of the top 10 - "quality of life" issues for residents.

Currently, I can be a 22 year old with a DUI living in the burbs, who works downtown, and STILL have have cheaper rates that a 40 year old with no points.

#news.

For many, its not relevant unless you personally feel it. I hope he FEELS it.