Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's Village Green Planning For The Millender Center?

A few short months ago, Village Green closed on the Millender Center condos in downtown Detroit. While there haven't been many noticeable updates, the company has very large plans for the building in the future. http://www.villagegreen.com/detroit/...center/photos/ If you go to this link, a photo gallery of the property will appear. You have the amenities, the lobby, staged units, etc. but hen you go to the bottom and notice three pictures, which say "example of features coming soon." Here's one now: Name:  5193b2f62a7df689.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  52.2 KB what are they up to? Also, this one: Name:  5193b238c4456511.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  38.9 KB is a MAJOR renovation in the works?

Almost moved there when I moved back to Detroit. I'm betting they think they can get much higher rents now with a little high end polish than they could have gotten just a couple of years ago. I'll be curious to take a peek when they've done whatever they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Almost moved there when I moved back to Detroit. I'm betting they think they can get much higher rents now with a little high end polish than they could have gotten just a couple of years ago. I'll be curious to take a peek when they've done whatever they're doing.
    Me too! That's also quite true. By the way, the photo at the the top is a rendering of an Ann Arbor building, but i'm sure they've got similar plans for Detroit.

i've got a friend who lives there... was there about a month ago..

so basically they're doing with it what they did with Detroit city apartments

some of the common areas have already been upgraded and modernized.. think really modern look... and the rates have been steadily increasing he said, since they took over.. [[like 30% increase).. some people who have lived there for over 20 years are having to move out.. [[HELLOOOO GENTRIFICATION.. which i'm happy about)

they are upgrading everything slowly but surely.. i thiiiink they're updating the apartments as people have ending leases and apartments are between tenants

I hope they put that astroturf on the outside of the Millender Center... and those little lites up top are classy too!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    i've got a friend who lives there... was there about a month ago..

so basically they're doing with it what they did with Detroit city apartments

some of the common areas have already been upgraded and modernized.. think really modern look... and the rates have been steadily increasing he said, since they took over.. [[like 30% increase).. some people who have lived there for over 20 years are having to move out.. [[HELLOOOO GENTRIFICATION.. which i'm happy about)
    What about their having to move makes you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    What about their having to move makes you happy?
    you know, it kicks the undesirables out of their homes.. wink wink...

I never understood why people feel that forcing people who can afford a home out of it is such a good thing. Gentrification is not neccesiarily a bad thing, but it certainly is not a good thing... unless you're a sneetch!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJomUhs0g