Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

can't this just end? Kilpattrick has been gone for a while now, I wish the city would just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit500 View Post
    can't this just end? Kilpattrick has been gone for a while now, I wish the city would just move on.
    I'd have to agree. There is enough problems here in metro Detroit that need to be reported on.

Unless it sheds more light on other people's corruption. If there are texts to the "maestro" about how much they should get from company 'X" to do business with the city...then bring them on. If it's just more high school antics from two incredibly immature people, i agree, let it drop.

These messages are to reveal the corruption. Pay to play antics of Kwame and his appointees.

Without the FOIA we would never have known about any of this, there truly was alot to reveal in these texts along with other info the Freep, News, and media outlets have pieced together so far. I am of a mind that these 3 years worth of further texts must have more to reveal. At this point I doubt it will make any difference, unless there is something regarding the infamous party, beating of Tamara Greeen and subsequent death along with further corruption that we don't know about.

Ravine Guest

To hell with "letting it go" & "moving on."

I will not be content with that approach until I am reasonably certain that some Detroiters-- among the relatively few of us who vote-- have "let go" of making voting decisions based on small-minded, race-driven points of view, and have "moved on" from thinking that every time a black person is vilified in the media, the prime motivation is racism, even when the person's actions are blatantly criminal and have damaged members of the black community.

When there is evidence that we have learned something from this experience, and that we are no longer willing to accept, and even buy into, the kind of bullshit to which we were subjected by Kilpatrick & Co., I will be in favor of "letting it go" & "moving on."

In addition, let's remember that this swine alluded to eventually making "a comeback." As long as there may be any chance of that fire continuing to smolder, I am in favor of continuing to drown it with however much water is required.
    Last edited by Ravine; July-15-09 at 01:52 PM.

I want all the messages exposed. Detroit taxpayers paid for them we need to know what we paid for!

diver1369 Guest

Amen, Ravine and RayStar. It sound like his constituency would like nothing better than to forgive and forget Kwame's crimes and lies.

NO more sweeping stuff under the rug. Let's get the stuff out there and clean up the town.