Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit To Host 2015 US Volleyball Nationals!!!

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d..._river_default what is now considered by many as one of Detroit's first major sporting events, The US National V-ball championship will be held in May 2015, in-not the suburbs- but COBO Center in the heart of downtown. This is considered to be one of the largest and most popular sports in the world, and the 2015 event will have over 550 teams, generating 100s of thousands of tourists and visitors for the city. P.S, there are two events; the National Open in Detroit[[the big dog), and the boys junior champs in Columbus[[little dog.) Hooray!
    Last edited by jw101; October-15-13 at 01:51 PM.

This is what renovating the Cobo is doing.. awesome news..

Hotels will see much more boosts with the new cobo events that are going to start coming to town.. and the detroit city clowncil was trying to save it and said they were stealing the cobo from them after they took it from under their power... idiots.. they've been holding us back for so long.. thank god a new council is coming in soon..

I thought this was a parody headline, but after reading about it I am excited.

"100s of thousands of tourists and visitors" - if that's the case it should be held in a venue with seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    "100s of thousands of tourists and visitors" - if that's the case it should be held in a venue with seats.
    I'm not sure if anyone tipped you off, but you can build temporary bleachers.

I am actually kind of pretty excited for this. I've recently gotten into volleyball thanks to a roommate who would play at Z's Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone tipped you off, but you can build temporary bleachers.

I am actually kind of pretty excited for this. I've recently gotten into volleyball thanks to a roommate who would play at Z's Villa.
    Obviously there will be bleachers and I would hope the semi's and/or finals will be in JLA. I was just joking about the exaggeration of "100's of thousands." It will be a great event.