Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Questions about few Midtown projects

I was wondering if anybody had any updates on a few projects in midtown..

Midtown Professional Building project that is supposed to go up on Woodward right next to Detroit Coney Island.. they've had those signs up there for like 5 months now and over the summer they kept saying it would break ground in August.. I tried sending emails but nothing so far..

And the Midtown Professional Plaza building, I believe it's called, .. those two buildings [[the tall one with hammer and nail) and the shorter wayne state physician group building next to it.. everybody keeps saying they're going to be demolished and another building is going in it's place.. does anybody have any details on what is going in it's place? Or even when this supposed demolition is occuring? I keep hearing it's going to happen but haven't seen any stories or anything like that.. thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    And the Midtown Professional Plaza building, I believe it's called, .. those two buildings [[the tall one with hammer and nail) and the shorter wayne state physician group building next to it.. everybody keeps saying they're going to be demolished and another building is going in it's place.. does anybody have any details on what is going in it's place? Or even when this supposed demolition is occuring? I keep hearing it's going to happen but haven't seen any stories or anything like that.. thanks for any help!
    I had not heard about this and would love to hear more info regarding it. I always loved the hammer-and-nail when I was kid, and having been to the Magic Stick this past week, miss the neon sign still working

alright so we know what's happening at the professional plaza... anybody have any updates on Midtown professional building? the site by Detroit One Coney?

http://midtownbldg.com/

their site is still up and construction was supposed to start last august but nada yet.. is it smoke and mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    alright so we know what's happening at the professional plaza... anybody have any updates on Midtown professional building? the site by Detroit One Coney?

http://midtownbldg.com/

their site is still up and construction was supposed to start last august but nada yet.. is it smoke and mirrors?
    Since August, they've put a fence around the site and added two more signs advertising the project. I guess that's a good sign? The fact that their website still works is also a good sign.

Additionally, I suspect that they can't start construction in the middle of winter.

My guess is that we'll see signs of life in the spring. If we don't, that probably means this won't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorasaurus View Post
    Since August, they've put a fence around the site and added two more signs advertising the project. I guess that's a good sign? The fact that their website still works is also a good sign.

Additionally, I suspect that they can't start construction in the middle of winter.

My guess is that we'll see signs of life in the spring. If we don't, that probably means this won't be happening.
    I've been amused that LTU had their formal newsworthy groundbreaking before Xmas and literally nothing has happened on that plot. I am guessing the frozen ground may impact them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    I've been amused that LTU had their formal newsworthy groundbreaking before Xmas and literally nothing has happened on that plot. I am guessing the frozen ground may impact them as well?
    yea majority of these project are waiting for the spring thaw i'm assuming.

Midtown professional plaza update from ModelD.
    http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/
    It's looking like Radio One, a national broadcasting company, will move into the Queen Lillian Woodward Office Building at Stimson and Woodward Ave. once completed, says Hamilton."

Quote Originally Posted by French777 View Post
    Midtown professional plaza update from ModelD.
    http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/
    It's looking like Radio One, a national broadcasting company, will move into the Queen Lillian Woodward Office Building at Stimson and Woodward Ave. once completed, says Hamilton."

hmmm nice! good to see they got what looks like an anchor tenant... hoping they break ground shortly after the spring thaw happens

Joshua,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I’m catching up on emails from this week and realized I didn’t respond to you.

Lets talk on Monday. Q2-Q3 of 2015 is the delivery time. If this doesn’t work, I have other properties that may work for your client.

What is your phone number?
    Ben Rosenzweig

Official response from a Realtor on the deal. He must not like you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Joshua,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I’m catching up on emails from this week and realized I didn’t respond to you.

Lets talk on Monday. Q2-Q3 of 2015 is the delivery time. If this doesn’t work, I have other properties that may work for your client.

What is your phone number?
    Ben Rosenzweig

Official response from a Realtor on the deal. He must not like you guys...
    ha! nice work... so yeah definitely seems like it would take 18-20 months to build it... so with that time of completion for sure they should be breaking ground this spring.. sounds good to me