Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Mustang renders from CAD drawings

Nice, not revolutionary. Spy photos of the GT-whatever have functional cooling ducts for the breaks and some other more aggressive touches

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876

A little less happy about the elongated headlights, but it still has the basics right. That is a pretty involved render of a spied concept. I guess the author probably tweaked a current model to arrive at this, right?

Thanks for the preview rb336!

It looks like a fusion. Why cant they just keep the car the same?

Mustang:

Fusion:

Definitely a familial resemblance in the front end, but i don't find that objectionable
    Last edited by rb336; October-15-13 at 11:16 AM.

Ford always had the philosophy that their entire line should have a family resemblance.l

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Ford always had the philosophy that their entire line should have a family resemblance.l
    Not compared to the Europeans and Japan

As soon as they get all wheels involved , maybe I'll buy another one . You get a quarter inch of snow . they tend to spin wheels and slide sideways . Ford is working on that for a future model year , hopefully the upcoming model year .

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    That is a pretty involved render of a spied concept. I guess the author probably tweaked a current model to arrive at this, right?
    Here it is.

SV197 was the best design ever IMO. It keeps going downhill. First, the rear end in 2011. Now the elongated headlights on the front.

I'm still driving a 2005 but planning to buy a new one next summer. Whether it's a 2014 or 2015 I'm still undecided. But if they were to swap the engine and interior of the 2014 and keep the 2005 body, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Here it is.

SV197 was the best design ever IMO. It keeps going downhill. First, the rear end in 2011. Now the elongated headlights on the front.
    I think every refresh of the current Mustang has been an improvement, especially the rear end.

Keep in mind that this was done with CAD drawings and spy photos. It is an approximation of what the car will look like. I fully expect the Mustang to have a lower belt line and those side creases - with them ending in functional brake cooling scoops on the GTs.

You can always take your new Mustang and have Roush tweak it for you , It's gonna cost you though lol I believe the shop is in Livonia , and they have an open house in the summer June/July ? click on '' events''

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/

Here it is.

Yes, I'm not a fan of those modifications as you say davewindsor. I dont mind thefamilytrait grille though. It has a nice cobra mouth feel to it.

Here it is.

It looks like someone in Mid Town Pissed on it!