Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What is "Vote NCP?"

Help me out, I'm totally clueless. What/who is "Vote NCP?" I see it everywhere. Just saw it on a dumpster... and it is on almost every "CleanDowntown" wrapped trash can.

Neo-Conservative Party?
    New Center Party?
    Might be these guys?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ens'_Party

OK, well at least it isn't something obvious. I googled it last week, and came up empty. It's written with what appears to be a big black marker. All over the place. Not something new I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    OK, well at least it isn't something obvious. I googled it last week, and came up empty. It's written with what appears to be a big black marker. All over the place. Not something new I don't think.
    iNsane Clown Posse?

Nationalist Congress Party in India?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I've been seeing this long before the bruhaha about that. It's been all over downtown for years. CORRECTION: Did not see the comment posted until after I posted. Interesting...who would write that?

Thanks, OP for asking this. I've wondered the same thing but always forget to ask.

I'm surprised nobody knows what the origin of this is! It is everywhere... unless it is literally just someone who won a lifetime supply of fat sharpies and had nothing else to do. [[bump)

I'm surprised nobody knows what the origin of this is! It is everywhere... unless it is literally just someone who won a lifetime supply of fat sharpies and had nothing else to do. [[bump)
    Look at the comment's section of the article posted above by rb336. That's the best explanation found yet. CTRL + F and "vote ncp" to find the specific comment, otherwise it's reading through more racist dribble.

I've seen one NCP tag with "New Century Party" sprawled above it. Same handwriting.

It is the New Century Party, registered as a PAC run out of 15231 Grand River [[a block and a half east of Greenfield), which is a storefront rather mysteriously labeled with a sign reading "Enchnted Candy Land Coming Soon".
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-18-13 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    It is the New Century Party, registered as a PAC run out of 15231 Grand River [[a block and a half east of Greenfield), which is a storefront rather mysteriously labeled with a sign reading "Enchnted Candy Land Coming Soon".
    Let me know when the grand opening is, will you?

This place?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=15231...204.05,,1,1.96

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    This place?
    Yes, that seems to be the headquarters.

I would prefer to read the sign to the left as "Enchanted Billy Jo's Hair Salon, Nails, & Barber."

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Whoever wrote this on there site must a pure black Detroiter who want white folks taking over that city.

Nincompoop.

Yes, that seems to be the headquarters.
    So they can write thier slogan on every non-porous surface in downtown area, but can't manage a sign or label on thier building?

They must have spent all the money they raised on markers and paint.

http://www.electionfund.org/Committe...zing-Committee

This seems like the correct answer, thanks for that... still not sure who or what they realy are.
    Last edited by cramerro; October-22-13 at 09:07 AM.

still not sure who or what they realy are.
    No worries, they probably aren't either.