Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Packard Plant Info

Does anyone know of a site that lists the various buildings on the Packard site, the general condition of each, and/or has relevant pictures? I'm pessimistic about it's chances of ever being reno'd, but I'd like to be able to wrap my head around it. Most googling I've done reveals snippets, unlabeled pictures, and precious little current info. Anyone know of such a place to visit? May not exist, just wondering. Thanks in advance for any help.

Name:  PreWar - PostWar at PMCC - Copy.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  25.1 KBI have posted this chart here before – it is from the Winter 2009 issue of The Packard Cormorant, now out of print.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-Line-Question

The attached floorplan was originally published in a report to shareholders dated September 28, 1944. The green line represents Concord St. The red line is East Grand Boulevard and the blue line is Harper Road.

Here's a map with the building #s, but no more information.

Name:  5793640682_a2a9cc047d_z.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  58.8 KB

Yes, that aerial view is another one that I posted earlier – it was produced by Packard in or about 1949. The key uses the building number as assigned by Packard. Again, the key can be found in the winter issue of The Packard Cormorant.

This issue is out of print and we sold out ALL remaining issues at the Packard Proving Ground gift shop or online here to other DetroitYes’ers.

I am about positive that you can view a copy at the Skillman Branch of the Detroit Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Does anyone know of a site that lists the various buildings on the Packard site, the general condition of each, and/or has relevant pictures? I'm pessimistic about it's chances of ever being reno'd, but I'd like to be able to wrap my head around it. Most googling I've done reveals snippets, unlabeled pictures, and precious little current info. Anyone know of such a place to visit? May not exist, just wondering. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Two years ago I had a series of structural test done on varies parts,mostly testing load bearing surfaces for manufacturing equipment .
    Scans,X rays,core samples and a machine that uses 22 caliber to inject a probe to measure psi.

The core samples were used to test the effects of the fires on the rebar imbedded in the concrete.

At that time there was enough advailable structure to be used as a manufacturing space,as far as any other use it would require a different set of numbers.

But it has suffered a lot more in the past couple of years so who knows now.