Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Home invasions target elderly in Detroit neighborhood

Crazy! 100 year old man will now have to have hip surgery from being knocked down during home invasion.......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...t-neighborhood
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-13 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Crazy! 100 year old man will now have to have hip surgery from home being knocked down during home invasion.......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...t-neighborhood
    That REALLY sucks. These assholes deserve the chair.

Anyone who would victimize the elderly deserves the worst possible punishment, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannaM View Post
    Anyone who would victimize the elderly deserves the worst possible punishment, IMO.
    Totally agree! My Mom who was then in her eighties got mugged delivering groceries to an ailing friend. They pulled her off a porch. Broke her dentures, her ankle and heel. Canceling credit cards, id protection etc was a nightmare. The toads netted about five bucks in cash for all that havoc.

I guess I am getting up there and frankly no longer carry a purse at all. Word on the street is Jefferson is now a hot spot for crime. I do a lot of my shopping on Jefferson so I am extra vigilant now.I almost never shop alone. I am not fearful, just careful.

Somebody has to know who did this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannaM View Post

Totally agree! During the time they lived in their Rosedale Park home, my grandparents were robbed three times. In two of those cases, they were either home or just arriving home and were greeted by the robbers. In both of those cases, they were locked in the halfway closet while the house was searched. Despite the losses, we considered them lucky - it could have gone much, much worse.

To their credit, my grandparents refused to leave their home and remained living there until their deaths.

Leapfrog, I am so sorry for your grand folk. I also honor them for refusing to leave.

Home is where the heart is. We made sure my Mom died in her own Detroit home with the help of Hospice. Damn shame thugs try for cheap robberies and many people do leave. My prayers on Tottenfest.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Leapfrog, I am so sorry for your grand folk. I also honor them for refusing to leave.

Home is where the heart is. We made sure my Mom died in her own Detroit home with the help of Hospice. Damn shame thugs try for cheap robberies and many people do leave. My prayers on Tottenfest.
    Thank you. They adamantly refused to be forced out, as did my parents.
    We still keep in touch with the family that bought their home. It's comforting somehow to know that the house is being lived in by a great family!