Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Claridge House Apartments Renovation - Downtown Residential boom continues

I have been observing the renovations to the Claridge House Apartments at 1514 Washington Boulevard next to Himmelhoch's for a while. New windows have been going in and the rooftop penthouse area has been revived.

In the last couple of days its physical appearance has noticeable change. Gone are the yellow stripes replace by charcoal gray.

Today:

Before:

Alley View:

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I have been observing the renovations to the Claridge House Apartments at 1514 Washington Boulevard next to Himmelhoch's for a while. New windows have been going in and the rooftop penthouse area has been revived.

In the last couple of days its physical appearance has noticeable change. Gone are the yellow stripes replace by charcoal gray.

Today:

Before:

Alley View:
    OMG I love it! It's so classy, it's so amazing, it's so... simpatico...

This will not go well with Gannon's anti Dan Gilbert bias... especially the part of him ruining downtown buildings with his more garish color pallete. Looks pretty good to me. From mustard yellow to a nice shade of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    This will not go well with Gannon's anti Dan Gilbert bias... especially the part of him ruining downtown buildings with his more garish color pallete. Looks pretty good to me. From mustard yellow to a nice shade of gray.
    maybe they'll let him drink 40's and smoke herb in the rooftop penthouse at 1 in the morning.

Do the units extend from front to back or divided so that some people only have an alley view?

Didn't Curbed say it was going to be a poopy brown? I'm glad it's gray instead. Looks nice.

This is not a Bedrock property.

Great photos and that building is looking sharp!

I can see Gilbert eyeballing the building from his zebra striped office, pondering "where are the technicolor accents and candy colored brickwork?"

But non the less, good to see another building revamped, even with it's drab appearance.

Ha - "candy-colored brick work"