Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Packard Proving Grounds – Sunday, October 20th

Mark your calendars for the Packard Proving Grounds Open House on Sunday, October 20th.

We will open main gates to this National Historic Registered Site at 1:00 PM and let you tour the place for the afternoon until 5:00PM. Name:  2013 PPG Open House - Resize.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  52.1 KB The PPG is located at 49965 VanDyke Avenue in Shelby Township, MI. It is on the west side of the street and half-way between 22 Mile Road and 23 Mile Road - just look for our green water tower.

Back again will be the Johnny Trudell Band with his “Big Band” sound of the swing era. There is plenty to see and do with a large display of Packards and a cruise-in for specialty and collector cars.

Nitsche’s Meat and Deli Shop will be selling Hot Dogs, Sausages, Chips and Pop, so make it a picnic day for the whole family.

Hope to see you out there.
    Last edited by Packman41; October-10-13 at 09:15 AM.

Sir - is there an admission charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Sir - is there an admission charge?
    There is no charge for our Open House or the car cruise-in.

However, if you like what we are doing to help preserve this historic site, then you might want to consider a donation to the foundation.

And I think I mentioned that Nitscke’s will be selling food items.

Hope this clears things up.

Just a reminder that the Packard Proving Grounds Open House is tomorrow from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

The weather forecast is for highs in the mid-fifties and only a 10% chance of rain – possibility the last nice weekend for a long time.

Hope to see you there.

I attended for the first time and enjoyed it. What a facility!

i was there. looks like some work has been done since last i was there 3yrs ago!