Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Does her opinion count somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    She's an awful obstructionist unconcerned with the welfare of the city or it's residents. I hear Kwame is is getting set to endorse Napoleon next week.

What is very telling to me is that she has not accepted Benny's offer to be Deputy Mayor. That is a very public smack in the face and is one more example of Benny's poor judgment. He should have made damn sure she was going to accept before making the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    For some reason this thread made me think about the Saturday Night Live sketch where George W. Bush is trying to endorse John McCain, and McCain is aggressively hiding from him in order to avoid the endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    For some reason this thread made me think about the Saturday Night Live sketch where George W. Bush is trying to endorse John McCain, and McCain is aggressively hiding from him in order to avoid the endorsement.
    That is indeed amusing.

Did Coleman Young have a "ticket?" a deputy mayor running mate? Or Archer? Or KK? Or Bing?
    What is this about?

"What is this about?"
    A whole lotta of nothing!!! Napolean is pulling tricks out of his arse to try save face. His heart just ain't in it. Seen him the other night at a meeting and he was throwing tricks in the air to see if anyone would be enthralled. I just shook my head and left. BTW...he is using a Municipal vehicle and a driver to get him back and forth to this engagement. Now, What is that about? Using taxpayers of Wayne County money?

Sounds like a match made in Heaven.......

It's a weak attempt, by a desperate candidate, to energize his campaign. McPhail tried this when she last ran for mayor. I think her running mate was none other than Benny Napoleon.

uh, have there been any actual debates yet? this is an awfully boring race.