Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Church's Chicken on Woodward and Forest

Yesterday I saw a work crew taking down the sign from Church's Chicken on Woodward and Forest. Does anybody know if it's closing? And if so, is there anything planned to take its place?

Not that I'm particularly attached to Church's Chicken, but I'd rather see an operating fast food joint than another empty lot.

with luck they will turn it into a popeye's

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    with luck they will turn it into a popeye's
    I hear it going to be a Cheesecake Factory!

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...or-Development

Older thread regarding this subject. Last page has a link to an article from Curbed Detroit. Just get rid of the Church's and put something actually useful there. As long as its not another set back, terrible looking fastfood joint I will be happy.

When the store is well-run and has quality employees, Church's Chicken is a very good fast-food place to east. When you have a poor manager and inept employees, they are terrible.

My wife likes Church's when they are good.

My dog Django absolutely loved Churches Fried Chicken. Hes now buried next to Churches at Woodward and Forest underneath the CVS parking lot in the back as close as I could get him to the dumpsters where he liked to hang.

Maybe N'Namdi bought it and is going to expand his gallery to Woodward, I could dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    My dog Django absolutely loved Churches Fried Chicken. Hes now buried next to Churches at Woodward and Forest underneath the CVS parking lot in the back as close as I could get him to the dumpsters where he liked to hang.

Maybe N'Namdi bought it and is going to expand his gallery to Woodward, I could dig it.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. That's what happens when you buy chicken wings that are as big as turkey wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Church's Chicken is a very good fast-food place to east.
    Yea, but what about the west?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I believe El Pollo Loco is preferred in those parts.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I believe El Pollo Loco is preferred in those parts.
    That crazy chicken!

Walked passed the former Churches Chicken, to confirm..IT'S CLOSED and will become a Checkers burger joint. Midtown will soon have a Checkers, my prayers has been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Walked passed the former Churches Chicken, to confirm..IT'S CLOSED and will become a Checkers burger joint. Midtown will soon have a Checkers, my prayers has been answered.
    WOW. That is GREAT news.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    LOL, well played.

I have to wonder gthomas, is it your praying in Church or at Churches that made this happen?

Why aren't there any Crystal burger places in Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I have to wonder gthomas, is it your praying in Church or at Churches that made this happen?
    LOL, good one. I will say both. Believe it or not, I've never been to that particular Churches Chicken, looked too grimey. Looking forward to Checkers opening, hopefully it's not setback too much.

Now, all we need is a 24-hour fitness center and laundry mat. Taco Bell, a sports bar/restaurant, another 24-hour Coney Island, 7-11 store and other small businesses.

Drove by today, think it said it will be a checkers

Quote Originally Posted by jaytheory View Post
    Drove by today, think it said it will be a checkers
    there will be one at Livernois near Lyndon, too.

Was there yesterday, it's closed.

Another eatery would be nice, as sometimes I want something other than Seva when in that area.

I wouldn't even mind more parking. The N'Namdi Center has events that can be huge, a few hundred people, most with cars; the street parking runs out fast and the parking at Seva gets used up, too.

Now, all we need is a 24-hour fitness center and laundry mat. Taco Bell, a sports bar/restaurant, another 24-hour Coney Island, 7-11 store and other small businesses.
    I will agree with a good sports bar that is not named "Lefty's" [[If Circa would step up their TV game, that would be adequate), Taco Bell, 24-hour Coney closer to the main WSU campus and a 7-11. Beyond that, don't care too much. I just want a coney island to go to after late weekend nights

It's a shame that the market won't yet support a redevelopment of that prime lot into something that increases the density of the neighborhood. Hopefully once the M1 gets going, this kind of "upgrade" on Woodward will be a thing of the past.

Any new news?

The location is to become a Checkers fast food hamburger restaurant. I've had their burgers. Not bad for what it is. At one point they had a slammin' good half baked potato, cheese and bacon combo going.

What a job it must have been to scrap the grease residue out of that Churches Chicken building!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-14 at 03:12 PM.

If Midtown gets all those riches, it will almost equal an anonymous arterial in Sterling Heights.

One can dream.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast