Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Business Owner Sleeps With Shotgun in Liquor Store to Prevent Robberies

great idea. I had said that the owners of Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe should had done the same thing when the store was experience multiple breakins

Its a sad sight because what Bahoura is doing is not the right solution to this problem. But then comes the question... what can we do to fix it, right now?

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Its a sad sight because what Bahoura is doing is not the right solution to this problem. But then comes the question... what can we do to fix it, right now?
    Police on steriods. I would be for the state and federal government doing a police-bailout of Detroit, dumping in millions of dollars into the police force and making it the most rediculously responsive one in the nation. We'd probably have to also fix operational issues too, dumping money\manpower into the situation isn't the only solution.

Then also addressing some of the social issues we see when you have a highly concentrated impovershied population. The answer there is education and preventing teenage pregnancies.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Police on steriods. I would be for the state and federal government doing a police-bailout of Detroit, dumping in millions of dollars into the police force and making it the most rediculously responsive one in the nation. We'd probably have to also fix operational issues too, dumping money\manpower into the situation isn't the only solution.

Then also addressing some of the social issues we see when you have a highly concentrated impovershied population. The answer there is education and preventing teenage pregnancies.
    Too bad our electorate is so badly fractured that most people could only pick one idea or the other. Most people see what you posted there as conflicting ideas, when really they are complimentary ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Too bad our electorate is so badly fractured that most people could only pick one idea or the other. Most people see what you posted there as conflicting ideas, when really they are complimentary ideas.
    Then you pick the obvious one. NYC got tough on crime and it's an entirely different place than it was 30 years ago. People can learn to wipe their own asses; I'm fed up with the crime already.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Then you pick the obvious one. NYC got tough on crime and it's an entirely different place than it was 30 years ago. People can learn to wipe their own asses; I'm fed up with the crime already.
    Detroit isn't NYC.