Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default $1MM coming to Belle Isle Zoo from Detroit Zoological Society

"You sodomizing rapists from the non-Detroit-owned Detroit Zoological Society best get your hands off of my Detroit-owned zoo," remarked Corktownyuppie.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d..._river_default

"I don't have any idea what you mean, Corktownyuppie" remarked MikeyinBrooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    "I don't have any idea what you mean, Corktownyuppie" remarked MikeyinBrooklyn.
    Just for those who are sincerely wondering

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...l#.Uk4FZYasiSp

Got to admit, this thread leaves me a bit blank. JoAnne is a huge liability but not sure on the points being made here.

I guess I'll say save our island by any means necessary!

I can't fathom why the outrage [[or is it all a parody?) of the state taking over operation of Belle Isle. The island will not be moved or closed. It will only be managed by the state, which will operate it better and invest money in it [[2 things the city certainly is unable to do right now). Don't forget, too, that it will save the city millions a year. And, it may be a surprise to some, Detroit residents are also Michigan residents. This is not a takeover by an outside entity. I can't believe that any logical person would put misguided pride against a better park at less direct cost to the broke city.

Mikey, don't you understand? It's those evil "outsiders", code word for "whitey" that actually want to spend their money for the betterment of the island for "everyone", code word for "everyone, including blacks, whites, and Puerto Ricans" These outsiders receive their direct marching orders from Hitler in Lansing via text message hour by hour. Then again maybe the naysayers are right and they will introduce 'Non Residency Requirements' for the islands use after the first two weeks!

Well, Finster, you may be on to something. Although I have it on good authority that Belle Isle will not be racially segregated. Instead, me and my fellow homosexuals are taking it over. Breeders keep out! And we are extending the Dequindre Cut to Ferndale, and taking it over as well. You straight people can have the rest of the city... A sign will be posted, "This Island's Been Rewired/ There's Now Sodomy Required". But we won't let Charles Pugh in...

I can't believe that the suburbs would just come in and TAKE OVER the PRECIOUS JEWEL that is the Belle Isle Zoo. Where else will the citizens of Detroit go to look at Albino Deer in a boarded up zoo????????????

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    I can't believe that the suburbs would just come in and TAKE OVER the PRECIOUS JEWEL that is the Belle Isle Zoo. Where else will the citizens of Detroit go to look at Albino Deer in a boarded up zoo????????????
    Or corralled, spray painted buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Or corralled, spray painted buildings.
    I just can't believe someone would take that jewel away from Detroit. Its not the state's fault for wanting that beautiful, delicious jewel of a zoo. I mean, Detroit was asking for it, with what she was wearing and all.