You can help the DETROIT HISTORICAL SOCIETY's mission by
    purchasing this 4 1/2" decal.

The DETROIT HISTORICAL SOCIETY is a 4 Star Charity
    Charity Navigator's Top Rating.

Search for "Detroit Pride" on ebay.

Name:  Detroit Pride Decal - Small 130912.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  36.3 KB

I like the decal but never shop ebay. How about posting a street address and price.

I like the ebay but not the decal...

Why is a sticker that's supposed to be about pride in Detroit littered with symbols of America and Michigan. There are plenty of US/MI pride items out there, not a fan of the ambiguity.

Joe, please don't take offense, but as someone that has been involved in fundraising for years, I would appreciate a little more transparency on this posting. Yes, The DHS is a great charity, but are they sanctioning the fundraiser? Are there checks and balances and an audit process to demonstrate that indeed, the money designated for them can be identified and tracked? When you say "net proceeds", does that mean if your cost is $1, they get a full $3.95 on every sale? Or does it mean that if your cost is $100 up front, then they don't get anything until at least 20 are sold? Or, is it something else?

I'm not pointing fingers at you, but my radar goes up when I hear of third party fundraisers.

Buy the sticker at the museum when you go next.
    If it ain't there then you know Joe is a scammer.
    Case closed.

I find it odd that that was Joe's first post here. You join a discussion group just to shill [[regardless of merit or honesty)? A little odd. I fund raise for cancer research, but I would never join a cancer survivor board to just to hit people up for money...

It's a scam. Request this be pulled. I've contacted the DHS.

Edit: They confirmed they didn't sanction this. Let's wreck this guy.
    Last edited by poobert; October-04-13 at 06:05 PM.

Best way to support the Museum/Society is to buy a membership.

http://detroithistorical.org/members...our-membership