Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Interesting Books You Are Reading or Movies/TV Shows You Are Watching...Etc...

I'm going to see 'Gravity' this Friday at IMAX. That should be pretty good. It's been given pretty good reviews so far.

I've been having a great time catching up with Breaking Bad currently on the Season 2, Eps. 8... lol... I never could get into it until a couple weeks ago when I actually sat down and paid attention, now I'm hooked. So, please don't tell me the ending!

Happy that The Walking Dead will be starting the middle of this month.

Glad to see the new season of Big Bang Theory has started and actually thought the new Robin Williams sitcom was decent. It might be one of those slow starters that gains momentum. We'll see.

And yes my sick & twisted self has actually watched the new season of Tosh O. Watching him is like not being able to tear your eyes away from a horrible train wreck.

Also playing Grand Theft Auto 5 and patiently waiting of for South Park Stick Of Truth video game. As well as the new Xbox.

Reading three books that I really, really enjoy so far. 1. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer 2. Odd Thomas [[series) by Dean Koontz and 3. CyberStorm by Matthew Mather.

And lastly happily following the Lions.

Just wondered what everyone else was up to when it comes to media outlets and entertainment.
    Last edited by MizMotown; October-03-13 at 01:21 PM.

Love the Odd Thomas books. Currently reading Peter F Hamilton's Great North Road. As a fan of his earlier work [[especially the one with the best title ever for a scifi book The Reality Disfunction), I am disappointed in this one. The structure is dense, which isn't a bad thing. The problem arises when he spends two pages describing something in the middle of a conversation. The conversation has "but you knew that" or something along those lines, then literally two pages of utterly unnecessary crap followed by "yes we knew that." at which time I had to go back to see what it was they knew. It's a 900+ page book that would be FAR better if it were half the length. The author is guilty of perpetrating the worst excess verbiage I have experienced in a while.

So sad Breaking Bad is over, whata great ride. Almost as good as The Wire.

Boardwalk Empire would be my next go to show thats currently putting out ne episodes.

Eastbound and Down just started back up which I think was terribly funny but the first new episode was a bit slow.

Downton Abbey

Sons of Anarchy is always fun and the last episode was actually pretty well done. They tend to go way over the top.

Ill be glad when Low Winter Sun is over with, Im invested so I have to watch but its been a disappointment.

Getting a Kindle this week and my first book will be the last book by George RR Martins Game of Thrones series.

Just breezed through a really short-story last night. It was called "X Marks the Pedwalk" written by Fritz Leiber and put in one of those Alfred Hitchcock collections. It was a grisly, absurdist look at the future where a bloody civil war was being waged between pedestrians and motorists. Bizarre.

Sounds like the intersection of Woodward at Lothrop, or Seven Mile and Greenfield around 4:49 PM!

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    ...a bloody civil war was being waged between pedestrians and motorists. Bizarre.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-23-15 at 11:51 PM.

Re: TV I seldom watch TV and gave up my cable so when the Women's World Cup series came on I had to ask my wife if we had Fox. We did and that was good for a few games. Women's soccer addict that I am, I had to watch other games on Fox cable at a local sports bar living on a diet of beer, fries, and reubens. I would like to take you back to the hysteria going on in that series. The US Women got their superhuman act together in the last two games. This was a clip put together after the US women defeated Germany before going on to the World Cup final. Nike did a nice ad along the same tribal lines.

Picked up a copy of The Last Whole Earth Catalog/updated, 1974 at a garage sale. Brings back a lot of memories.
    It really was the lead into the internet with its ability to provide you with sources of information. People loved it, and when the PC arrived it was a great transition.
    But you can find the book easily, or any of the other editions and I find the large format, the layout and the information a great trip back into time.

I have fond memories of reading Divine Right's Trip printed surreptitiously in the margins of that book.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-28-15 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I have fond memories of reading Divine Right's Trip printed surreptitiously in the margins of that book.
    Had to pick the book up and look at that. All these years, never noticed it. Just got this copy about two months ago so I'm sure I'll run across a number of forgotten things.