Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Dear K-Mart

Default Dear K-Mart

It is not yet OCTOBER and you already are running Christmas layaway ads. ENOUGH ALREADY

Fun-o-rama. I first wrote "Funny" but was told it was too short.

Years ago I decided to boycott the first store that would start their back to school specials [[June or July) Christmas specials before Halloween etc. I wrote newspaper columns about it asking other people to do the same. After a while I realized I didn't shop at most of the stores that utilized that practice, so I guess my campaign to stop it with a boycott was moot.
    It does somewhat ruin my summer buzz when they start talking about back to school way too early though.

Ever notice that Thanksgiving has been totally eliminated from the marketing program?

I never remember any Thanksgiving ads except in grocery store fliers

Unfortunately it's not just Kmart. It's everybody. Saw x-mas junk in ACO hardware over the weekend.

Ever notice that Thanksgiving has been totally eliminated from the marketing program?
    Sometimes they have a few turkey related things mixed in with the Halloween junk.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I never remember any Thanksgiving ads except in grocery store fliers
    Maybe a different time frame. Need a new cornucopia or table setting for your Thanksgiving feast? How about some cardboard turkeys or pilgrims to tack to your front door?

Attachment 21594

Attachment 21595

Don't get me wrong, the reason I still enjoy Thanksgiving is the fact that it's a non-commercialized holiday. Possibly the only one. No gifts, no big deal. Just a relaxed day with family and or friends and a good dinner. Maybe a good football game viewed from the couch, feet up. Me, living in Wisconsin, might mean that you might just enjoy laying on the couch watching this years football game on Thanksgiving more than me.

No gifts, no big deal. Just a relaxed day
    Not really relaxing to anybody doing the cooking and meal planning.

K-Mart and Target could DESTROY Wal Mart by using an AMAZING concept:

PUT PLENTY OF CASHIERS IN THE FRONT OF THE STORE TO QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY TAKE PEOPLES MONEY

What A Concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

PUT PLENTY OF CASHIERS IN THE FRONT OF THE STORE TO QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY TAKE PEOPLES MONEY

What A Concept.
    The sad thing is that the Walmart cashiers have about a ten IQ point advantage over the K-mart cashiers. K-mart pioneered the concept of having truly incompetent and disinterested cashiers in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

What A Concept.
    What about also placing these at every checkout stand? That's another vehicle that Walmart fails at, where there are stories that some stores literally have exactly two or three open in the whole store!

And how about spreading this concept to Meijer, ACO Hardware etc. also?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Not really relaxing to anybody doing the cooking and meal planning.
    A bit off topic of the original thread, sorry Rb, but i was a single parent for about 13 years. I cooked all the meals including the Thanksgiving dinner. Pam, I'm assuming that you think I just kicked back, sat down to a great dinner and then hit the couch. Not so. I love to cook, and prepared the meals myself. No stress. I always enjoyed it, maybe a few glasses of red wine while cooking. Can't think of an easier meal to prepare than turkey and a number of sides. If the guests didn't enjoy it, so be it. Never had any complaints and always enjoyed the experience of preparing the meal and sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    A bit off topic of the original thread, sorry Rb, but i was a single parent for about 13 years. I cooked all the meals including the Thanksgiving dinner. Pam, I'm assuming that you think I just kicked back, sat down to a great dinner and then hit the couch. Not so. I love to cook, and prepared the meals myself. No stress. I always enjoyed it, maybe a few glasses of red wine while cooking. Can't think of an easier meal to prepare than turkey and a number of sides. If the guests didn't enjoy it, so be it. Never had any complaints and always enjoyed the experience of preparing the meal and sharing it.
    Yes, it did sound like you were just "kicking back". I stand corrected. I'm thankful I haven't had to host a holiday, I would find it stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I've cooked holiday meals, and it only became stressful when someone wanted to "help." One year we did Christmas down in Pompano. I had a big damn turkey and sage sausage stuffing and a huge Smithfield ham. Used two kitchens. turned out excellent, even though the power went out right after the food came out of the ovens

And wine always helps the cooking process.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    It is not yet OCTOBER and you already are running Christmas layaway ads. ENOUGH ALREADY
    I'm going to disagree, but only because these are Christmas layaway ads. After all, what is layaway, where you pick out your stuff and make payments so you don't use a credit card. You have to have time to make reasonable payments to get them out before Christmas. After September 24th is less than three months before Christmas. That is a reasonable time to start a layaway plan and pay it off.

Dear KMART,

I absolutely love your JOE BOXER JINGLE BELLS commercial. There should be alot more commercials like this on TV considering the fact that TV is bombarded with half naked or naked women. In fact would be nice if you could have shown a little more.

Thank you for the eye candy!!

I think the Joe Boxer ads are clever and funny.

the other ones...the "gifting out" ads...are among the worst I have ever seen

It's funny. Thanks to the movie Rain Man, whenever I buy underwear I can't think of anything but K-Mart. Clever marketing, that!

But no. I didn't drive to Cincinnati.