Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kevyn Orr's Living Large- With A Book Cadillac Residence

http://www.freep.com/article/2013092...yder-NERD-Fund Detroit EM Kevyn Orr is living in Michigan's most expensive condos- Book Cadillac residences easily sell for over 1M each. Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013092...yder-NERD-Fund Detroit EM Kevyn Orr is living in Michigan's most expensive condos- Book Cadillac residences easily sell for over 1M each. Pretty cool!
    Private funds? Fair enough -- it's not coming out of my pocket; hence, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    Private funds? Fair enough -- it's not coming out of my pocket; hence, I don't care.
    Bribes are rarely paid with public funds.

I'm NOT saying this is, but it is extraordinarily questionable. Period.

I'm simply saying the argument that this comes from PRIVATE sources is specious at best. What an easy sidestep of illogic.

It simply proves his allegiances are likely elsewhere than with the citizens of the city...but we already knew that.

I'm wondering where the owners of the Book-Caddy caught Snydely...with enough time to complain that their expensive condos weren't renting now that Hollywood had its invite ripped up by the Nard. Because they are certainly on the winning side of this questionable deal.

Add this up to the collusion between Snydely, Mayor Cardboard, certain members of council, and Orr's firm...prior to the actual decision to install an EM...it all stinks to high hell. These turkeys are merely the latest, and possibly the last ones in the long line of folks who've ripped off the city for their own profit.

The guy is a high priced attorney. He's going to live like a high priced attorney. Did you expect him to buy a house around Mack and Mt. Elliott and drive to work in a used Dodge Neon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    It simply proves his allegiances are likely elsewhere than with the citizens of the city...but we already knew that.
    Do you see the problem with this statement?

Orr is clearing the Augean Stables and people are really upset about where he puts his head at night?

He should have a bed of golden butterfly wings held aloft by water nymphs and lulled to slumber to the strumming of a lyre made with strings of gossamer dreams.

he is doing what you weren't capable of doing for at least 60 years.

grow the f up.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Orr is clearing the Augean Stables and people are really upset about where he puts his head at night?

He should have a bed of golden butterfly wings held aloft by water nymphs and lulled to slumber to the strumming of a lyre made with strings of gossamer dreams.

grow the f up.
    Amen. Give him the god damn keys to the Manoogian Mansion and provide him a Caddy with a personal driver on staff 24/7. Why the hell should we care? As long as he is successful in dropping the hammer on this fucked up mess Detroit is in, all of his personal accommodations should be well taken care of.

In any well run company anyone living beyond there means should raise a red flag to make sure that money isn't coming from bribes kickbacks embezzlement etc

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

grow the f up.

Not if grown ups justify things as poorly as you do.

F growing up.

He SHOULD be paying for his own residence, at the salary he has been given. Shut the F up, Gnome.

You are only defending him because you are jealous...right?! I can find NO logic in your comments, so you must be fueled by emotion. So that is all you get in return!

As for you, Softtailrider...
    The guy is a high priced attorney. He's going to live like a high priced attorney. Did you expect him to buy a house around Mack and Mt. Elliott and drive to work in a used Dodge Neon?

The guy is a highly PAID attorney, at the top of the heap of a bunch of overpaid individuals raping the city's remaining wealth. I was expecting him to at least buy his own home, yes. Or rent one for the duration of his tenure.

I cannot believe anyone is DEFENDING this.

AND yes, one can prove that someone's choices eliminate certain otherwise likely events. Just because you have trouble with the language, and multi-perspective analysis...you are PROVING that you only learned linear thinking in school, which is often found lacking in a 3d/1t dynamic world. Thanks for letting us know your limitations. We've all got 'em.

Cheers!
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; September-25-13 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Amen. Give him the god damn keys to the Manoogian Mansion and provide him a Caddy with a personal driver on staff 24/7. Why the hell should we care? As long as he is successful in dropping the hammer on this fucked up mess Detroit is in, all of his personal accommodations should be well taken care of.

We might as well appoint him Messiah, then. Go the whole route...worship and sacrifice to him...

We might as well appoint him Messiah, then. Go the whole route...worship and sacrifice to him...
    He'd make a better Messiah than Kwame. Many deified K2.

A million dollar condo is not beyond his means. $1m at 5% on 30 years is about $5,500 a month in mortgage assuming no down payment. Well within his means.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; September-25-13 at 10:18 AM.

Then WHY isn't he buying it?!

Why does it have to be clandestinely given to him?

It stinks, and anyone who cannot smell it is questionable in my book.

It is not in any way unusual for an out-of-state temporary employee to be provided housing while on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    It is not in any way unusual for an out-of-state temporary employee to be provided housing while on the job.

It IS unusual for the funding of such to come from 'alternate' sources than their original contract, though, I'd bet.

Especially public employees...those who are SUPPOSED to be in the public's trust.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-25-13 at 10:30 AM.

I'm going to ignore the fact that Kevyn Orr's not paying for his own room and board.

My biggest issue is with this so-called "private fund" [[assuming this isn't another lie cooked up by Snyder). As this man is making decisions that will impact the lives if taxpayers in all 143 sq. mi. of Detroit, I think the citizens of Detroit do have the right to know who's funding Orr's check. For all we know, the same banks that we're going against in bankruptcy court could be providing these funds, or worse, Satan himself could be funding Orr's checks. And if we believe the Golden Rule, who's interest do you think Orr is really going to look out for? Despite what the apologists may say, I think these concerns are quite valid and should be considered as we move forward, assuming all is actually fair.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-25-13 at 10:43 AM.

It IS unusual for the funding of such to come from 'alternate' sources than their original contract, though, I'd bet.

Especially public employees...those who are SUPPOSED to be in the public's trust.
    Perhaps. I don't think there's any surprise that he was selected & hired by Snyder. I'm sure the benefits were agreed upon at the beginning. Knowing he'd have housing covered is probably one of the reasons he accepted in the first place, regardless of funding source.

Then it SHOULD have always and always been public knowledge, not some crap someone had to dig up and report later.

That is the stinker. NO private funding for public trustees, ever. It is called a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Professionals paid over a hundred grand per year oughtta know the difference, and be FORCED to act within ethical and legal boundaries. Not ignore the ones they deem uncomfortable and/or cumbersome.

Then it SHOULD have always and always been public knowledge, not some crap someone had to dig up and report later.

That is the stinker. NO private funding for public trustees, ever. It is called a CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Professionals paid over a hundred grand per year oughtta know the difference, and be FORCED to act within ethical and legal boundaries. Not ignore the ones they deem uncomfortable and/or cumbersome.
    Again, perhaps. It's probably my own perspective on this mess, but I don't see the situation in Detroit and the need for an EM to fit within the typical confines of what is or is not acceptable in government employment. Hard lines are great until hard lines no longer work. But again, that's my own perspective.

You're reaching too hard here. Sure it could have been handed to you on a silver platter. But little about what our government does actual is that available. Tell me how many Union contracts or city employee pension agreements are 'public knowledge' -- really.

I'm all for full disclosure of everything a city does. Finding one item that's pretty normal and then dissecting it until you find something imperfect is pointless.

We already know your opinion here. I'm sure your opinion wasn't changed by this. Neither was mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You're reaching too hard here. Sure it could have been handed to you on a silver platter. But little about what our government does actual is that available. Tell me how many Union contracts or city employee pension agreements are 'public knowledge' -- really.

I'm all for full disclosure of everything a city does. Finding one item that's pretty normal and then dissecting it until you find something imperfect is pointless.

We already know your opinion here. I'm sure your opinion wasn't changed by this. Neither was mine.
    Well, would we be having the same collective shrug of the shoulders if this was an auditor during KK's reign being put up by the Kilpatrick Civic Fund?

I'm fine with this in this case because a) the process is ultimately going to the BK judge and 2) I'd rather have private funds expended as much as possible in this process- especially for a pricey suite, but still.... not disclosing the rent is being paid by a fund with hidden donors is not really engendering a feeling of openness and trust.
    Last edited by bailey; September-25-13 at 11:52 AM.

Bribes are rarely paid with public funds.

I'm NOT saying this is, but it is extraordinarily questionable. Period.
    Orr was a partner at a major Washington DC law firm. Do you know how much a partner in an organization like that makes? *Easily* seven figures. And you think Snyder is bribing him with a $4000/month condo and crab cakes?

This line of reasoning is not rooted in logic.

This is months old news anyway. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html $275,000 is not that much money for a municipal bankruptcy filing over $10,000,000,000 or more in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    There is a middle ground here. He doesn't need to live like a pauper, but he could be a bit more sensitive to the hardships that others might be suffering and live a more low key, modest lifestyle. It would be a politically savvy thing to do to avoid this type of publicity.

^^Well put, WestCoast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast