Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dan Gilbert's Got A 19-Story Building Up His Sleeve

In this rendering, we see two currently unconstructed buildings. Dan Gilbert's plans for Campus Martius and Capitol Park include much new construction, aside from renovation. In this rendering, the taller, approximately 19 story building adjacent to the First National has not been built. When will Dan the Man go into depth on all of this new construction? Name:  Cadillac%20Sq.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  81.1 KB

First, that's about 10 stories, not 19. Second, it's just a rendering, I doubt they have any real concrete plans to fulfill it. He's not building that little 3-story building over on the other side of Cadillac Square just because it's in the rendering.

Maybe it's just to give an idea of what can be. I've put placeholder buildings in renderings as part of a visioning exercise. Sometimes you need to create the composition to get the point across, otherwise you gotta bunch of ugly surface lots in the renderings. Also renderings aren't normally any sort of contract document. They are pretty pictures to market your idea. I'd bet nothing has even started for any planning of the structures.

But at least the thought is there, and nothing needs to be tall to make that space even better

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    LOL U FOOLIN and for the rest of you, this doesn't have any connection with the above rendering, but it seems like Dan the Man's got some pretty solid new construction plans a few blocks over in Capitol Park, with 3 new buildings in the plan. Name:  APFOTCapParkRen1-thumb.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  91.2 KB

I counted 19

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I counted 19
    If each floor is 5 foot tall maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    If each floor is 5 foot tall maybe....
    Izza highrise for the vertically challenged if you want to put it the PC way.