Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Ron_saad Guest

Default Eastside Megathread.

We have to start all over.

Bearinabox Guest

No, we don't. We can hope for better things. Stop resurrecting all these, and maybe all the conversations on NewDY will be interesting and relevant.

I agree, out with the old and in with the new! I wonder if more eastsiders will step up to the plate on this forum.

I will! Heck, even if I did migrate on the other side of Woodward, I'd still do it!

Lorax Guest

Well, since I'm a newbie, and just posted on the Jefferson-Chalmers thread, I don't mind adding my two cents worth. My dad's family lived at 2202 Eastlawn and really knew that side of town well. We didn't move far- I was raised in Grosse Pointe Park in the 60's, 70's. It was a real neighborhood in my dad's days, and years later, eventhough I was younger, I could still see the vesitges of still-operating family owned businesses as they changed hands, or closed one by one. My dad's church was Jefferson Avenue Baptist, not that he was all that religious, really went there to meet girls, and instead, ended up meeting my mom, who lived on Wabash on the west side, at the Vanity Ballroom in 1946- they eloped in Angola, Indiana- too afraid of what their folks would think. They returned to the neighborhood, though, and I remember as a kid, going the Sander's branch on Jefferson, thoroughly bored at Winkelman's while mom shopped, and thrilled at going to the Cinderella Theatre. Summertime at Jefferson Beach was more interesting for my folks when dancing was still the bill of fare. When I was a kid, there were still some rides, but boating began to take over the facility in St. Clair Shores.

Ron_saad Guest

NOTHING LIKE THE OLD.
    You Young people go to your own site then.

Ron_saad Guest

Where are all the people from the old sight?