Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 11 People Shot at Once on Chicago Basketball Court

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

I know we always get into discussions that include comparisons between Chicago and Detroit. Clearly Detroit isn't the only place with serious crime problems. It's especially sad to see that happen to a 3-year old.

As tragic as this incident is, do you notice the biggest difference? That emergency response. 60 officers were on the scene with numerous ambulances 45 minutes later.

That is why Chicago is the 1st murder capital in the U.S.

I am sorry I did not open your link. Too tragic, too sad! What is in the water or air that makes people fire on hapless citizens.

Default Quick Response by CPD

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

I know we always get into discussions that include comparisons between Chicago and Detroit. Clearly Detroit isn't the only place with serious crime problems. It's especially sad to see that happen to a 3-year old.

As tragic as this incident is, do you notice the biggest difference? That emergency response. 60 officers were on the scene with numerous ambulances 45 minutes later.
    I live in Chicago and whenever an incident like this happens - heck, any type of crime - it only takes about 3 minutes for a bunch of officers to get to the scene. I called the police one time on two guys arguing in front of my building and there were 3 squad cars in a matter of minutes....almost like they were sitting around the corner. It was a minor flareup between friends who owed money.

We have the FBI, ATF and DEA stationed in Chicago because of the gun & gang problem and they are doing a good job intercepting drugs especially. I think this may be the cause of this and a more recent gang shooting. The Feds have been confiscating tons of drugs....recently they confiscated $10Mil worth of drugs + guns from a Mexican [[sounding) gang leader. Me thinks this may be what's causing these gangs to shoot it out in public like this....money owed, drug supply tightening.

The shooting was gang related. It was at the corner of 51st and Wolcott St and Wood st. Cornell Square Park. That area is notorious for drug corner activity. That ghetto hood/barrio hood is a mixture of Blacks and Latinos poor to middle class folks. Whoever is pulling a gun must be after some other gang member for turf conflict, control over the drug corner or some gang war.

I noticed that you cannot view some of the streets around that park on Streetview. Maybe the Google vehicle driver got some mean looks and decided to nix the drive down those streets?

Try Murder Capital of the World, according to the FBI: http://brodaily.com/fbi-declares-chi...capital-world/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    Try Murder Capital of the World, according to the FBI: http://brodaily.com/fbi-declares-chi...capital-world/
    I'm not quite sure where they got "Murder capitol of the world", but it's only used in the title and not supported by numbers in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I noticed that you cannot view some of the streets around that park on Streetview. Maybe the Google vehicle driver got some mean looks and decided to nix the drive down those streets?
    My in-laws used to live in that area for a long time. They show the ropes in that area. As long as you leave the area after 5:00pm. before the gang wars.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I noticed that you cannot view some of the streets around that park on Streetview....
    I was able to view them all except for this walkway through the park. Or are we talking about different parks?