Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lions have never won in Washington?...

From what I gathered from an online search yesterday, the Lions have not beat the Redskins on the road since the 1930s when they were the...Boston Redskins. I thought the Lions had won in Washington some time around 1940. Is this correct that the Lions have never beat the Redskins in Washington?

That would be correct. Lions have never won at RFK or FedEx field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    That would be correct. Lions have never won at RFK or FedEx field.
    And unfortunately, they will not win there this year either.

C-Kid, my historic concern here with the Lions is not about stadiums, but whether they ever won a game against the Redskins in Washington. [[From what I gather, they have never won a game in that locale.) In regard to Redskin stadiums in Washington, did they play at Griffith Stadium where the baseball Senators once played? Jeff-78, I'm not "homer" when it comes to the Lions, but Sunday's game could go their way, especially if RG3 can't run with the ball.

Just ask RG3 what he thinks about the name "Redskins" for a sports team and he'll clam right up! Surefire defensive move by the Lions that won't result in Suh being suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    C-Kid, my historic concern here with the Lions is not about stadiums, but whether they ever won a game against the Redskins in Washington. [[From what I gather, they have never won a game in that locale.) In regard to Redskin stadiums in Washington, did they play at Griffith Stadium where the baseball Senators once played? Jeff-78, I'm not "homer" when it comes to the Lions, but Sunday's game could go their way, especially if RG3 can't run with the ball.
    It's possible they played in Griffith Stadium, prior to RFK being built. But even so, the Lions have NEVER won in Washington when the team was known as the Redskins. When they were the Boston Braves masquerading as a football team in the mid 30's, they won there.

When the Skins moved to DC, they played in Griffith Stadium till RFK was built. Back when GWU still had a football team, they played in Griffith Stadium as well. I went to a GWU game there in 1959.

Political correctness and ethnic sensitivity have never won there either. Warms my heart to hear some sports reporters are now refusing to use that team's nickname.

Nothing ever happens until it happens...

I don't think the Redskins should change their name, just their logo:

The Lions beat Washington, today. You all know this, but I just wanted to know the experience of writing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I don't think the Redskins should change their name, just their logo:

"Hail to the redskins, potato chips you'll be"

Even though they won.....they still look awful, 6-10 best.