Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Is this Detroit bank robbery video real?...

Stick up men coming running out and jump in get away car. Cops pull up and ignore the stick up men while running into a bank. Bad guys drive off. Saw this on Facebook. Looks staged to me, maybe for that new Detroit cop TV show...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...e=2&permPage=1

I was thinking of "Low Winter Sun" that I've only seen a few minutes of. I can't make out DPD marking on cars in fuzzy hold up video.

No. It's actually a Chevrolet Malibu commercial shot from a different angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Dz_tMmW8k

Where was the ad shot? Not sure if it looks like a Detroit street scene; hard to make out locale.

It wasn't shot in Detroit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Not sure if it looks like a Detroit street scene; hard to make out locale.
    Where have you been in Detroit that looks like this? Because yeah, I haven't seen any part of Detroit that looks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Where was the ad shot? Not sure if it looks like a Detroit street scene; hard to make out locale.
    If you watch the video closely, you'll notice in the upper right corner, the radio transmitting tower on the corner of Woodward and Warren Ave. You should be able to find the location from there.

did you REALLY think it was actual footage?? cmon now... really???

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    did you REALLY think it was actual footage?? cmon now... really???
    Me?????????

Still not Detroit, still not the Macabees Building, and still not real.