Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 12 hour shifts for cops goes away.

Another dumbfuck idea from Dave Bing goes down the toilet.

Let it never be forgotten that this came directly from the consent agreement and state control, in case any Apologists try to gloss over that fact.

While I'm not too impressed with the new chief at all, at least he can admit when a bad idea, that everyone saw coming is a failure.

OH MY GOD Dave Bing is such a piece of shit! What a colossal failure. Not ONE idea or initiative of his has or will leave a positive lasting impact.

I never understood how 12 hour shifts were supposed to save money, unless they also reduced the number of hours in a day from 24 to 12. Bing could make the first part happen, but changing the second part of the statement would be a lot harder.

Why aren't you impressed with the new chief so far? He's got common sense. He's switching the shifts, closing the ridiculous virtual precincts, and he's using Compstat, which DPD has never used and has been effective for Wayne St. PD. Not only that, he's holding people accountable for incompetence [[911 dispatcher and the dispatcher's boss). I'm impressed at the changes he's made in the short time he's had the job. A massive culture change takes time, unfortunately.

So far I'm very optimistic.

Less police in Detroit means more Black folks or any folks with hoodies and handguns ready to rob, rape and kill innocent people in ghettos of Detroit. It's open season for neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    Why aren't you impressed with the new chief so far? He's got common sense. He's switching the shifts, closing the ridiculous virtual precincts, and he's using Compstat, which DPD has never used and has been effective for Wayne St. PD. Not only that, he's holding people accountable for incompetence [[911 dispatcher and the dispatcher's boss). I'm impressed at the changes he's made in the short time he's had the job. A massive culture change takes time, unfortunately.
    Not a slight on him.

What I meant is nothing I've seen from him has been slam dunk knock me on my ass impressive.

He seems decent, and a definite step over the last guy [[Godbee, I liked Evans). And I don't think OK is what the city needs right at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Less police in Detroit means more Black folks or any folks with hoodies and handguns ready to rob, rape and kill innocent people in ghettos of Detroit. It's open season for neutrals.
    You're crossing over the line, Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    You're crossing over the line, Danny.
    In Detroit everyone crosses the line. It's all about survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    In Detroit everyone crosses the line. It's all about survival.
    Google the word hyperbole and get back to us here on planet earth