Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Charter Candidate Forum

I apologize if this has already been posted.

Would you like to meet/hear/talk to some of the 44 charter candidates vying for the 9 Charter Commission seats? Come to the Lighthouse, 19940 Livernois on Wednesday, July 15th at 6:30pm for the 12th Precinct Neighborhood Coalition and University Commons Charter Candidate Forum. I believe all charter candidates have been [[or will be) invited.

Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009
    Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
    Street: 19940 Livernois,

Detroit, MI

Upping this thread. For a group of people that say Detroiters place absolutely NO emphasis on learning about candidates, threads on this board about candidate sure do get very little attention.

Definately...

What side street is this Lighthouse near?

Between & 7 Mile & Outer Drive

Isn't Lighthouse at Livernois and Pembroke on the west side of Livernois, or am I thinking of another place?

Default Charter Commission Meet & Greet, July 30th

On Thursday, July 30, 2009, the Trade Union Leadership Council [[T.U.L.C.) will sponsor a Charter Commission Candidate Meet & Greet. All Charter Commission Candidates and citizens are invited. This is an opportunity to meet the charter candidates, ask questions and tell them what YOU would like the commission to focus on.

In the past few weeks, there have been many candidate forums and most have focused on the City Council candidates. By now, I think most of you know that the Charter Commission is an all-important race with 9 seats that should be filled with the most qualified candidates. This is an opportunity to meet all the Charter candidates who choose to participate and, since it’s less than a week before the August 4th primary, this event will give you a final chance to evaluate which candidate[[s) should advance to the General Election.

The Charter Commission is a 9 member, non-paid position that will be given a 3 year task of reviewing, revising and presenting for citizen approval, a city charter that may serve us for the next decade or more. Thus it is important that you carefully consider the candidates running for these seats. I hope you will opt to stop in to the T.U.L.C. on Thursday, July 30, 2009. The event is free, begins at 5:30pm and is open to the public. I look forward to seeing you there and I hope you will pass this on to other interested voters.

The address of TULC is 8670 Grand River, food & drink available for purchase.

Cara Blount
    Candidate, Detroit Charter Commission
    www.Blount4Charter.com

I just learned to BUMP...

I plan to attend as well.

www.AndrewLinnForDetroit.com

Andy, I'm looking forward to seeing you there. I'm starting to sense a bit of citizen interest in the charter race.