Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New Flagship Furniture Store Setting Up In Compuware

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...uware-building Airea Inc., an office furniture supplier and manufacturer, is setting up shop in the heart of downtown. This will be a flagship store- the store will flip on a monthly basis to keep people coming back, along with many more fun activities like touch screens TVs and hang out spots. Another flagship store has arrived! Suck it, NYC and Chicago.

Interesting!

I work in the Compuware building, and I've noticed some activity in the little bit of vacant areas they have. This should have the building's commercial\retail spaces at nearly 100% utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Suck it, NYC and Chicago.
    Suck what? This is good news for Detroit; there's no need to ruin it by projecting your inferiority complex toward other cities onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    there's no need to ruin it by projecting your inferiority complex toward other cities onto it.
    There's also no need to ruin it by projecting your lack of humor on it.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    Suck what? This is good news for Detroit; there's no need to ruin it by projecting your inferiority complex toward other cities onto it.
    He was just joking...

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    He was just joking...
    Eh, I missed the tongue wagging. Forgive me, I'm tired.

Haha, you're cool

Vinnie Johnson is the owner.....does that mean he'll be selling office microwaves? Yep. I went there.

I think you're overselling it. 2,500 sq ft is not a flagship. It will sell office furniture. If you want to fill your loft with cubicles have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I think you're overselling it. 2,500 sq ft is not a flagship. It will sell office furniture. If you want to fill your loft with cubicles have at it.

Hey, some vintage office equipment isn't bad at all!

Is this a pop up or permanent. It is strange the the store is not on the street side. The yoga spot should be on the inside and the flagship store should have a street storefront

This is permanent. Where did you read it wasn't on the street side?

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    This is permanent. Where did you read it wasn't on the street side?
    All of the storefront that faces Monroe and also Woodward are occupied. The only place where this store could occupy is where the pop up shops were next to Texas De Brazille restaurant. The Yoga place is still on Monroe as well as DMC health centers.

It is a good idea to have major stores inside the Compuware, Penobscott, First National, and Quicken Loans but signage will be needed to let potential shoppers know that these stores exists