Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Street Repair Schedule ?

This past Friday our street was ground up. They didn't come back today, not sure why. No parking/police order road construction by signs were tacked up on trees or streetlight poles last Thursday Today just happened to be our bulk pickup day for Sept., last pick up for the year isn't until Dec.

I wasn't sure whether or not to put out anything, only a couple houses did. I did put out a couple boxes and one of my child's broken toys. I had some stuff in the basement to throw out but didn't just in case they decided to finish repaving.

Also a pink marking was spray painted on the curbs in front of each house. Looks like a half circle from the top of the curb down to the street. This was done a several weeks ago.

Is there a website where you can find out the repair schedule? Thanks.

Here is the list of streets for Detroit. Sorry, no schedule for when the work will be done.

Edit: sorry my link didn't get attached.

https://www.detroitmi.gov/Department...surfacing.aspx
    Last edited by RO_Resident; September-09-13 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks RO_Resident,

Our street and others in my neighborhood were on the list. Just no time frame for start dates and completion. Street was not worked on yesterday.

We didn't have our scheduled bulk pickup on Monday. Maybe they're just going to be a day late like they have been with the garbage pickup. Some weeks they come on time, other weeks it's a day late.

Here is how they schedule street repairs:
    1) When is the road most heavily used?
    2) are any possible alternates also going to be under construction at that time?
    if the answer to # 2 is "yes" then they go ahead and schedule that construction

They ground up part of Mound near Outer Drive and 8 Mile and it's been that way for MONTHS.

Quote Originally Posted by RO_Resident View Post
    Here is the list of streets for Detroit. Sorry, no schedule for when the work will be done.

Edit: sorry my link didn't get attached.

https://www.detroitmi.gov/Department...surfacing.aspx
    I don't see Woodward Avenue anywhere on this list. Let me know that groundbreaking will not be anytime soon maybe not this year

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I don't see Woodward Avenue anywhere on this list. Let me know that groundbreaking will not be anytime soon maybe not this year
    Woodward is not a Detroit Street. You also won't see any Wayne County owned roads in the City of Detroit on a list prepared as the Detroit DPW project schedule!!

It is also not going to be a resurfacing. It will need a lot more work than that.

Update: Street repaving started Tuesday. Wondering if the curbs will be rebuilt too. Also, the bottoms of our driveways to be level with the repave?
    Last edited by msamslex; September-12-13 at 09:50 AM.

We did get our bulk pick up on Tuesday, scheduled day was Monday. May have been backed up a day because of the repave. Garbage was picked up on
    Wed., our scheduled day. Not everybody put their cans out, but those of us that did just put them on the grass edge instead of on the street as usual.