Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Steak Hut?

Default Steak Hut?

Has anyone been privy to whats happening with the Steak Hut restaurant? The lot is being torn up, is the restaurant next or did someone buy it and going to do something with it?

My Dad's going to be crushed if it closes.

Russell Street deli bought it

that would suck! this area needs it's greasy-spoons back. that is one of the last.

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    Russell Street deli bought it
    My poor dad. Every time he used to walk in the place the owner, cooks and waitresses would greet him by name.

Dad wants to know what will happen to Gus??
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; September-10-13 at 11:34 AM.

Gus took a chunk of the cash to open a new place with his son,,, called Detroit Ham&Corn beef out in Plymouth. Link to site,,,, http://www.detroithamandcornedbeef.com/

Cool dad will be happy to hear this. He will probably get his old co-workers together, go out there for lunch and bitch about Kevin Orr and lament on the good ole days when Cavenaugh, Gribbs and Young ran the City.

I caught a blurb that Steak Hut is turning into something else, and felt fortunate that I got to experience it as it was.

I love me a good diner, and goddamn it, this was a good diner.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPOE View Post
    Gus took a chunk of the cash to open a new place with his son,,, called Detroit Ham&Corn beef out in Plymouth. Link to site,,,, http://www.detroithamandcornedbeef.com/
    You mean "Plymouth Ham & Corned Beef"......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You mean "Plymouth Ham & Corned Beef"......
    HEARTY - LOCAL - FRESH

Detroit Ham & Corned Beef Co. is committed to serving high quality, fresh ingredients.

From local legends like Sy Ginsberg Corned Beef and Dearborn Ham, to genuine Detroit classics like Better Made potato chips and Faygo - we take pride in serving up the best our area has to offer, while supporting the local economy.

All of our meats are cooked in-house, and our soups are made from scratch - because we know it just tastes better that way.

https://www.facebook.com/DetroitHamAndCornedBeef

Last edited by ALPOE; February-11-14 at 07:49 PM.

.....even MORE distressing, is that Johnny's Ham King closed it's doors recently.The folks over at Green Dot Stables have taken over, so I guess we can expect breakfast sliders in the near future. No more good, unhealthy but tasty places to get great breakfast around here anymore. Will have to travel up to the Double EE restaurant in Ferndale, for the great breakfast.

Louie's at Easter Market has a great breakfast.